Used 2010 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews - 72 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:

Not very reliable
By Dave S.

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought it used at 99,0000, and it had been well maintained. Power window switches failed, power mirror switch failed, A/C refrigerant leaked twice, the odometer display partially failed so it could only be read at night, driver's door speaker failed, and at 170,000 miles the dreaded P0008 code that usually means the timing chains are worn reared its ugly head. Lots of Traverses have timing chain problems, no matter how religiously you stay on top of checking the oil and changing it regularly. I guess this one was long lived by Traverse standards, but the electrical problems were getting frustrating and the timing chains were beyond economical repair. Too bad, GM, it doesn't look good when my other car, a 41 year old MG with the notorious Lucas electrical system is has had fewer problems in the 15 years I've owned it than an 8 year old Chevy has in only 4 years.

2010 Chevy Traverse Timing Chain ISSUES
By Bob McMonagle

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have a 2010 Traverse that was purchased brand new by my parents from Chevy dealership. We bought the car from them after passing of my father. We have 88,000 miles on the vehicle and it has been very well maintained with all of the proper oil changes. Low and behold check engine light comes on and my mechanic tells me the Codes P0008 and P0017 are due to Timing Chain needing to be replaced. He was amazed that it was needed with 88,000 miles. He sent over links about the issues that are known about this 3.6 L engine with both Acadia and Traverse. He said it would have to go to dealer and we would be looking at a cost of about $3500.00. As I research this issue it seems that this is a known issue and I see that the Acadia owners are receiving letters extending their warranty to 10 years/120,000 miles. I call the dealer...NO GO. I call GM...sorry NO GO. They questioned me on whether or not my mechanic was doing the 172 point check when I bring it in to him.....like that is the reason the Timing Chain went at 88,0000 miles.

Chevy traverse
By Elias chavez

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Piece of crap worse car ever . Electric problems, transmission problems, engine problems, power steering problems, rack and pinion problems, you name everything is wrong with this car

2010 Chevy Traverse LTZ AWD our 1st car pymnt
By Derrick E Stephens

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Ride is good and handles fine. 3rd row seats only for kids under 5ft 5inches middle are ok for over 6ft move front seats up. Materials cheap hate the plastic 2013 up is better materials remote start great. Acceleration is good for merging and passing 288 HP gets the job done. alot Wind Noise in driver and passenger needs sound damping like Buick Enclave. AWD is Great in snow especially in Rain no slippage, tires good(bridgestone) 50thsand plus, pricey now more option in2016-17 cost lower. Backup camera and sensors worth it. Navigation ok (outdated if you dont buy cd)No real problems use your phone. Sound system good, Bose in front, non Bose in rear. DVD works great no blueray. Car feels big but not too much once you get use to it, parking its just fine, same as minivan. Gas sucks 15mpg AWD mix highway 60% cty 40% Hwy with 2 people 21-22mpg with 6 people and luggage 18mpg if cursing at 70 to 75 above 75 to80 drops to 17mpg less , if alot of city driving expect 12.5 to 13mpg. I had rack pinion replace(warranty), water pump(normal) brakes, Headlight 4 times poor design keep blowing out fuse box issue replace relay hope it fixes it. synthetic oil is best for this car and get Mobile 1 filter to go beyond 3thousand miles I go 6 to 7 and I have went 9 thousand no problem. Deprecation is real in this car it sucks, this car is meant to ride not sit around. 6 spd Transmission has had some issue sometimes slips out of 3rd back to second but its shift control module common issue in the transmission not car (transmission is in like 5 different type of gm cars) If I shift to park and back to drive its fine. The car handles well for its size, I would buy another one and not blink. We bought with 72thsnd 2014 and in 2017 we have 135 we average 20thsnd year, no real major issue. Keep up on maintenance we did tune up on time (100thsnd), Transmission fluid change (100thsnd) Air, cabin, everything in book we are following. GM not the best cars sometimes but I like them. I have owned 2 suburbans, Buick La sabre &Regal Pontiac Transport and chrysler town and country and 8 VW Jetta's and all had well over 150thsand before i got ride or wore them out. I have recommended the Chevy Traverse to everyone and the other platforms as well. Buick Enclave is exactly the same except for "Fit and Finish" & Sound Damping in the cabin and chevy price is alot cheaper.

Never purchase this vehicle. horrible
By Sarah

2010 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This car has been in the shop more than the road. Its currently in the shop now due to a blown motor. How does a motor go out like this? I've had to have the AC/Heater repaired, had not heat or air in it, vehicle kept going out of alignment. the check engine light would not go off. This has been the worse vehicle I've ever purchased.