Used 1998 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Reviews

Used Suburban for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

Great truck-built with low quality components

jbaggins, 07/22/2012
K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

Granted I did buy this in 2010 with 200,000 miles on it. Interior door handles broke inside. cheap plastic parts throughout break way too easily. Great interior space. Have 4 kids so we all fit comfortably. Rear heat works great, tinted windows and lots of power. It was starting to nickel and dime. Rear end differential parts broke, transmission wouldn't stay in overdrive, lots of electric gremlins left interior lights on randomly due to shorts behind dash. Intake manifold gasket went ($600 repair). Horrible gas mileage. Rusting in bad spots due to poor rust proofing. Water leaks into blower, rusting it out insid. I liked driving it but it was going to bankrupt me keeping it up.

Wow

Ford guy, 08/12/2009
K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

I have had two suburbans now. I normally drive fords but the suburban is just a better rig than the expedition and the excursions is just too damn big. Anyway, it is true that these vehicles have a few weak spots. I have done the intake gasket, the radiator, power steering pump but that is about it. Both my suburbans required the above repairs at the same mileage. They are very predictable and considering how heavy duty these rigs are, not too bad in terms of maintenance. There simply isn't anything out there that can touch the suburban for its combination of utility, comfort, towing capacity, and yes fuel economy. Pound for pound this thing is as efficient as a honda civic.

Perfect for a family of 7

Robert Millsop, 10/20/2002
C1500 4dr SUV

If you need a large SUV, this is the one to get. Plain and simple yet with everything you need. It can carry 7 people comftorably. The gas mileage and fun to drive factors are horrible though.

Great Vehicle, if you can afford the gas

skiingskiman, 11/14/2002
K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought it new in '98. Great comfortable ride.We have a 107,000 miles on it and 1 new set of brakes so I'm not sure what all this brake hype is about. We have replaced the alternator, one U joint and the rear a/c pipe and the wiper motor. Other than that its been a great, reliable and comfortable vehicle. We are keeping it for the long haul.... unless gas goes up. Average about 16 MPG and with a 44 gal tank it doesn't get filled up very often

Good so far.

sellinghomes4u, 12/09/2003
K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

Best overall large SUV I've looked at. Checked out Explorers and Jeep Grand Cherokee and Durango. All WAY too small for a family. Overall it seems to be a well thought out vehicle. I wonder if some of the people who've rated it so badly perhaps hadn't gotten ones that had been abused wrecked or poorly modified. I also rated it highly on gas mileage. Mine has been averaging 15mpg in mixed driving, it's overall fuel economy isn't much different than my mini-van. I haven't owned it long enough to comment on reliabilty. It's comfortable, quiet, smooth and handles quite well (within the confines of what it is). Overall I'm quite pleased with it.

12345...7