Used 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Silverado 3500 for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

This is a tow beast!

Jim, 09/22/2006

Purchased this vehicle specifically to tow our ToyHauler ('07 Weekend Warrior 32 foot long travel trailer). Fully loaded it weighs about 11,000 lbs. We travel in the west, so mountain driving is the norm. I am pleased with the towing ability and ride comfort this vehicle affords. While deciding which vehicle to buy, I researched other brands and kept coming back to this one over and over again. It basically sold itself.

3500 Duramax CrewCab 4WD

T.D. Ball, 07/29/2006

Without a doubt the best truck I have ever owned. The more I drive it, the better I like it. Fuel ecomony is 18-24 highway . In town is 16-18. High headwind, tall hills and foot to the floor bring mileage way down. Not lacking power for anything I do. Quiet, smooth and comfortable. Normal conversation at any highway speed is not a problem.

Duramax 360hp 650 torque stock

Rich, 10/02/2006

If anything, better than my 2002 2500 hd 4door long bed. Pulls my Montana 5th wheel like a dream, and as a new vehicle not broken in, I got nearly 11mpg between Albany and Syracuse, NY, but down to 9 through the Catskills. Most comfortable seats ever (my other car is a Ford ambulance). It seems to be the quietest diesel out there. OnStar is great and hooks right in with Verizon with the family plan. OnStar safe and sound is great. Love the heated seats, and the dual zone AC is great. It means the wife and I are both comfortable. The DVD keeps the grand kids occupied. Multiple mode sound means I listen to my CD's, the kiddies can use wireless for the movie, and 2 headphones for others.

2006 Chevy 3500 Flatbed duramax diesel

charles2440, 02/13/2011

I enjoy my Chevy 3500 diesel it has a 12ft dump bed, Has plenty of power, and accelerates like a gas engine, Will run as fast as you want, I get 12mpg in city and 16mpg on hwy@ 70mph

Duramax

marv eiler, 01/19/2006

I had a Dodge and a Ford and I like the Duramax an overall truck. We pull to horse shows and when we get there we are not drained from the ride. The new Duramax is so quiet it is often mistaken for a gas engine. The power is equal to the Ford, the seats are more comfortable, so in closing I would say to look at the Duramax dually before you buy.

Good Work Truck

Sean, 07/25/2008

I've driven this truck almost exclusively on gravel and dirt roads in Iraq. This truck has plenty of torque and loads of hp. It has an awesome exhaust note. The Iraqi army is also using these trucks to supplement their HMMWVs. Rear seat could use some more leg room, it's hard to get out of the back.

Very nice truck

Jon, 03/30/2010

I know this is a late review, but I bought this truck used with a 100,000 miles on it and you could not tell by looking at it inside and out. I bought the 3500 because of the price, right time right price I use it to tow my travel trailer (my 1500 had tough time) Boy I'll tell you it's like night and day this 3500 has no problem climbing hills and very comfortable to drive like driving your Lazy Boy chair around.

Chevy 3500

Hauwse, 05/12/2007

I cannot say enough about the performance of this truck. Purchased for hauling a 16,00lb 6 horse trailer. I have done 4 2500 mile trips in this truck, basically driving none stop each trip, and never had a single hiccup. Power, braking, etc. are excellent. Pulled through the Rocky Mountains without any drama, basically you forget you are pulling a trailer with this truck. My trailer brakes went out on one trip and it was not an issue with the tow haul mode, and the trucks braking power. The truck pulled a loaded trailer in excess of 85 MPH effortlessly.

14 year old dream vehicle!!!

Adam, 01/30/2020
LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

It is great! Except mine has the 8.1 Vortec with the 6 speed Allison automatic. I averaged 11.4 mpg on it's 1100 mile maiden voyage from Seattle. At 70 mph it never down shifted over 3 Mountain passes. Just cruised along !!!

51050