2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:

Good all-around vehicle
By James R. Whitcomb Sr.

2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Work Truck 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Chevy 2500 HD exceeds expectations. Interior controls (Cruise control, A/C, Wipers, etc.) are easy to figure out. Comfortable rear seat (Crew Cab).

Trailer trash
By Phil

2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

The chain hook up is ridiculous. Engineers must drive Honda civics and have never towed anything but ignorance. Chains won't hook on. I am forcing my dealer to fix it and I don't care what they say about warranty violation. Stupid is as stupid does. Like everything about the truck. Had a ford for 2 months, what a piece of crap! Ergonomics are terrible. Fuel mileage was awful! The Cevy is sooo wet, very impressive.

Test Drove the diesel but didn’t buy
By Soxey

2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

The 2500 Crew cab is spacious. I like the parking sensor feature for the front and rear of the truck. Visibility was not great due to me being short and the big wide post between the windshield and driver door. When pulling out onto the main highway there was hesitation , no quick get up and go. I thought this would be a potential safety hazard for me in the future, and I was willing to settle if that is how all diesels performed. I’ve heard good things about the Ram 2500 and after test driving that, there was no decision to be made it was automatically selecting the Ram due to its responsiveness. Plus the options on it were more attractive and modern than the GM product.

Needs air vents in back!
By Tiffany

2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LTZ 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

We own a 2005 hd2500 diesel four door that truck has vents in the back for back seat passengers. The new 2018 2500hd diesel high country that we purchased doesn’t have the vents that’s my only complaint

Silvia III
By DD2

2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I test drove this truck when I was considering trading up from my 2015 which is currently working very well for me. It was basically the same truck except w/o nav. which I was told is no longer offered. You can use nav linked from your smart phone. Personally, I would rather have a dedicated unit in my truck. I decided to not trade as the numbers on a deal were to far apart.