Used 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Silverado 2500HD for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Electronic issues

LarryC, 09/25/2017
Work Truck 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this truck in 2016. A few months later the radio would not turn on at all when I cranked the vehicle up. Stopped at a dealership to have it checked out. When they cranked it up again, it went back to working. This has happened multiple times over the past few months and has progressively gotten worse. Now not only is the radio not coming on sometimes, the fuel gauge will mess up and the check engine light will come on. I have taken it to have it fixed under the warranty and called Chevy's customer care line and have gotten nothing done. The dealership says they can't find anything wrong with it, that nothing is showing on the computer, but you put a reader on it or take it AutoZone and have their reader on it and multiple codes show up. This seems to be a definite electric issue and no one wants to fix it. They are all satisfied to wait on the warranty to run out then find out what is wrong with it and charge me. I have also noticed that the transmission is starting to stumble a bit. I bought the truck with a lift kit already installed and less than a year later the ball joints need replacing but the dealership can not or will not order the right ball joints to replace them.

side mirrors are awful

FC, 12/20/2017
LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Update: I posted this review a year ago, and continue to stand by my position. I purchased new bigger mirrors and had them installed. The mirror has the bottom quarter, closer to the door, cut off, to look cute and edgy. It is a faulty design, and they need to stop making mirrors like this for trucks. It makes it horrible to back the truck to park as I can't see the hind wheels nor the parking line. I have to open my window, after I park, to see where the tires are in relation to the lines. And when driving, I can't see the hind wheels EVER. The engineer that designed this, and whoever approved it, need to stop. Trucks need bigger mirrors, not smaller! Who would think that making a large truck's mirrors smaller (as opposed to the whole rectangle) was a good idea? I contacted Chevrolet, and they asked if I had been using the camera to help me back up. My response was yes, but the camera doesn't give me a view of the tires/wheels either. Looking into buying a new pair of mirrors. The truck rides hard, not very comfortable. But that’s somewhat expected for a vehicle that should be strong for towing.

Duramax fan

Duramax Fan, 06/30/2018
LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

This is the second Diesel GM pickup I own. I use it as my everyday vehicle but I specifically bought it for long range driving trips and towing a camper. For long range trips and towing, you cannot beat the Duramax/Allison transmission combination. I had my last truck for over 10 years and 165000 miles and it still ran and looked great. I am hoping to get the same out of this one.

High times in my High Country

G. H., 12/19/2018
High Country 4dr Crew Cab LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

This vehicle was researched for the better part of 6 months. Finally decided to move forward with the purchase in November. Best decision I ever made. Riding High and putting it through the paces of everyday use.Not disappointed at all. Definitely got what I wanted and paid for it.

Why I did not buy

Eric Smith, 05/10/2016
LTZ 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I bought a ram 2500 because Chevy/gmc dropped powertrain warranty from 100,000 to 60,000 (to save the consumer money). If General Motors doesn't stand behind there product than neither can I. Mind you this was the first truck I have had that was not a Chevy or gmc.