2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

$34,900

Save as much as $2,632
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Be Cautious!!!!

Shawn, 05/03/2021
LT Trail Boss 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 10A)

The problems started with just 300 miles with A/C issues. I have had my Trail Boss 5.3l since December 2nd, and it has been in the shop 7 times. It has been in for A/C issues 5 times, purge valve once, and then a lifter failure which damaged 2 injectors and bent 2 push rods. Needless to say with just 6700 miles on it, I got rid of it. GM has no answers for the A/C issues and there are multiple trucks in the shop with lifter failures.

Check engine problems

Darnell , 04/17/2021
LT 4dr Crew Cab 6.6 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I have a 2021 Chevrolet Silverado and I have been to the dealership 3 time with issues with my check engine light coming on with less then 3000 miles on the truck. Each time I go it’s the same code. They tell me we could not find any issues so we just reset the light. I am sick of this truck I will be going back to the dealership in the morning due to the fact my check engine light is back on for the 4th time in less then 3 months.

8speed tranny terrible!!!!

Glenn, 05/19/2021
Custom 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

Started noticing a intermittent vibration/shutter at about 4,000 miles when gently giving it gas. It has about 9,000 miles on it now and does it all the time. It's a 2.7l 4cyl. Has been to 3 dealers, 1 dealer twice. TheY magically say there's nothing wrong with it. One dealer did say yea I noticed it but, that's because it's a 4cyl. Every person that rides in it asks mE why it's doing that. I feel like I'm being lied to by the dealers just so they don't have to fix it. I absolutely hate driving this truck!!!!!

Ad
Build Your Silverado 1500
At a Glance:
  • 9 Colors
  • 1 Trim
  • $49,200starting MSRP
See pricing and options on your next Chevy
*The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. Click here to see all Chevrolet vehicles' destination freight charges. Some colors are extra cost. See dealer for details.

Bad lifters

Mell, 05/26/2021
Work Truck 4dr Crew Cab 6.6 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

Have a new 2021 Silverado and engine stared with a ticking sound then went to a knocking sound then every light on the dash came on Check engine traction control brakes transmission everything so we brought it to the dealer they said it was a bad lifter her car is been there for five weeks now I know there’s more issues with the car than that lifter the sound of the engine was so bad

2021 Chevy 6.2 Trail Boss

2021 Chevy Trail Boss Sucks!!, 07/26/2021
Custom Trail Boss 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

Have an off road trail boss that has poor air intake. Drive thru less than 8” of water in a main road (not off roading) and water drowned the engine. 2mths old and having to put a new engine in it. They say it’s my fault. I have to Claim with my insurance claim. When old cars are passing me by in the same water level with no issues!!! Quick to sell you, but won’t take the responsibility!!!