Used 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

Used Silverado 1500 for Sale
Select your model:
1...234567

Pros
Cons

Tough Truck

BowTie4Life, 11/23/2009
LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I recently purchased my new '09 LTZ 4WD because I wanted a new truck and Chevy had excellent incentives. I fell in love with the Silverado; It is one beautiful and tough vehicle. Test drove the new F-150, was nice but WAY under-powered and over-priced. The 5.3 Vortec w/6-speed auto is an amazing powertrain. My Silverado has the Automatic 4x4 with the factory 20" rims & Z60 handling suspension package, not the Z71 package. Got the white exterior w/Ebony leather interior. The truck handles and drives remarkably well, but it is not made for off road use like the Z71. Drove the Tundra, very disappointe, doesn't compare to the Silverado. I recommend this truck, so far no issues.

Dissappointed

Dissapointed, 01/12/2010
LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Wanted to buy "American",Traded a Ridgeline(mistake),I noticed the quality difference right away, if I could have taken it back a week later I would have,they(GM)offer you $500 to wave the 60 day return option(now I know why).The Bluetooth works sometimes (AT BEST), the new 6 speed transmission is "Jerky" and shifts noticeably more than it should, at 9700 miles the brakes squeak,the speakers vibrate,the cloth seats are extremely cheap material. I had 36000 on the Ridgeline when I traded and it was a much tighter vehicle. I will either go back to a Ridgeline or other Manufacturer soon. Very disappointed in the Silverado. LT2 ZR1 CREW CAB

Good Truck

Doc M, 01/31/2010
LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my third Chevy truck after an '82 and an '89. Very competent trucks, and I hope this one proves as reliable as my '89 and my brother's '01.

194,000 MI

Heidi R, 10/17/2020
LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my Chevy Silverado that had a 5.3 vortec j series motor in it, at 194,000 plus miles the valves were collapsing I had to get another motor. Bought it used October 2019 by August 2020 I have replaced wheel hubs a frame bushings and the motor into a 5.3 k series I'll have a new truck by the time I'm done.

Fantastic

Brian Richardson , 01/27/2021
XFE 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Awesome power and ride, it drives better than my cadillac!

1...234567