Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews - 163 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

First Full Size Pick-Up
By Noru

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

07' LT1 Crew Cab now with 12.5K on it. This is my first full size truck, my trade in was a 06' GMC Canyon Crew Cab, the Canyon was a good truck but it never had enough room inside for me and the family it just got small on us as time went by. The Silverado is big enough with a very nice smooth stable ride. The gas mileage in town is 15 mpg, & 20 mpg on the highway at 70mph. I have the 4.8 engine and I'm very pleased with the power and smoothest, the 4-spd auto is sweet also buy it did take about 8K to break in, at first the down shift from second to first gear was harsh at times buy got better as more miles where added. Its has been very reliable with no issue at all.

The style of the body is nice, but I like the GMC Sierra style more. The XM radio is a must, as well as the audio control on the steering wheel. The driver information is very useful and accurate with the gas mileage, tire pressure and oil change notification, the anti-skid and traction control.

Turning radius is just too wide for a 2wd drive, my Ford 4wd Power Stroke Diesel has about the same radius and it huge. The tire re-learn location is a pain to reset after a tire rotation, only the dealer can do it quickly, not user friendly.

Hmmm, Wonder About These Reviews
By hillbilly

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Miss my 94 Silverado. MPG 14-16, not 20. I drive 180 miles RT for work and that includes 5 miles gravel roads and frequent 4WD. Truck is comfortable and looks good. Cargo management system and kept losing the plastic corners. Finally gave up and removed the front part of it. Stereo speakers crackle and pop and sound like crap already. The big Chevy "Bowtie" has water in it, expect it to fall off soon. Problems with the tire pressure monitor system twice. 4WD switch doesn't work all the time and now 4WD is "Out." Been at the dealers for the last 9 days and counting. Last GM product!

XM, "Looks," back doors that open all the way back to the cab, tow hooks.

Old fashioned 4WD Stick shift on the floor instead of flimsy "Dial" on the dash, sturdier 4WD, better fit and finish, tell the truth about the MPG, don't get people excited about 20 MPG if it really gets 14-16 MPG.

Silverado Crew Cab LTZ 4x4
By Andrew

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Truck has been good to me. Only problems have been a battery replacement which was a GM recall and my tonneau cover created some paint problems on the bed rails. I recommend buying some plastic bed rails or taking the cover off regularly to make sure water is not getting trapped. Over very satisfied with the truck.

Looks. Great looking truck. Black on gray leather. Interior is very nice. Computer information is very handy. Tire pressure, oil life, etc.

The 5.3 could use a little more power but this is the reason for the good gas mileage. Not the most comfortable leather seats. So/so navigation system. I would like if the truck sat up a tad bit higher as well

Maxed Out
By Alec

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the LTZ Crew Cab Vortec Max with all options including Navigation, and all other associated goodies. Wife and I purchased it new in Nov of 07, and I can't throw enough accolades out there for this newly re-designed truck. It looks as good as it feels. Mine is black with custom chrome 18" rims. I love the gadgets, performance, and the look. Backup sensors, DIC, tilt mirrors when reversing, and the choices I can have to customize settings within the DIC.

Navigation system, XM radio, leather, styling, comfort, gadgets ease of use, power sliding rear window, Homelink, Z- 71 and Max trailoring package, bed space, OnStar and hands free calling are handy. Wife loves memory seating with adjustable peddles, (If I let her drive it!) Backup sensors spoil me!

Turning radius makes it hard to park in shopping areas, not real crazy about the glove box, it's not exactly useful. Center console seems more of just a big ole box. Easy to just "clutter" stuff in there only to clean up later. Should have backup camara shown in Nav screen like the Tahoe does

I'm lovin' it!
By dfdfirefighter412

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I was going to buy a new Silverado in 2006 and my salesman suggested I wait for the newly redesigned model. I couldn't be happier that I waited. The redesign is great all the way around. Interior is much more comfortable, exterior is a lot more eye catching and the trucks capabilities are more than ever. Ultimatly, the wait was worth my while and I would recommend anyone checking out the Silverado before looking at other options.

Large cabin space, plenty of room for six adults. 4.8L V-8 has a lot of guts. Rubber floors are easy to clean. Runs smooth & very quiet. Even the Dodge & Ford owners look at this truck while I drive by!

If your gonna put chrome on the rear bumper, put some on the front too. Make the tire pressure monitoring system easier to reset after tire rotation. I still cannot figure it out & must bring back to the dealer. Driver side floor has a hole where the heel of my foot rests. Not covered by warranty