Used 2000 Chevrolet S-10 Consumer Reviews

Used S-10 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...14

Pros
Cons

looks good but falls apart

johnson, 01/26/2008
LS Wide Stance 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

it started out great and offroad capability is great... started to fall apart about a month after having it. had about 7000 dollars in repairs including a new engine, rear end, seals, bearings, water pump, alternator, cooler lines, oil pump lines, O2 sensor, and had a bad moisture problem that leaked water into the passenger floor mats... had lots of problems with the third door... vacuum pump went out twice.. would never get one again and couldn't wait to get rid of it!

THE BEST LITTLE TRUCK IN TEXAS

D P III, 10/27/2002
LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

I'm over six foot tall and the low seating that some may complain about is a plus for tall people. The funnest truck to drive. Guages are positioned nicely and the worst gas mileage I have received from my S-10 is 19mpg for city driving. That's awesome.

My Wolf

obergeil, 09/05/2003
LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

The only problem I've had with my little S-10 is that on two occasions my foot has slipped under the gas pedal and then knocked it from underneath as I pulled my foot back up. This has resulted in the accelerator cable coming free from the gas pedal. I'm not sure who came up with the design for this assemblage but it seems flawed and potentially dangerous.

S-10

jacgeo5153, 01/22/2006
2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Replaced tie-rod, upper & lower ball joints (had no grease fittings), rusted fuel line (garage kept), all before the truck had 50,000 miles. It's a shame you have to payout over $2,000 for these types of repairs and you're still making payments! I've heard other similar problems with these types of GM vehicles from friends and neighbors and I got about the same (that's typical) response from most of them. Absolutely terrible gas mileage for a small truck. Just terrible! Extremely rough riding vehicle. (Teddy Roosevelt would have liked it). I don't care to drive it and I can't wait to get a new one.

Above Average Repair Costs at 78,000 mi

Coleman, 07/29/2006
LS 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have spent over $4400 in repairs in '05/'06 - 78,000- 91,000 miles - upper & lower ball joints, wheel bearings, oxygen sensor, oil cooler lines, shocks, brakes, belts, and tune- up. There is a moisture problem with the rotor cap screen which affects performance. The plastic club door latch broke off at 60,000 ($145 repair) and the passenger seat recliner arm busted ($245 repair).The current Consumer Report lists the S10 on the Worst Car List. I spend over $300 per month on gas for work. I am going broke owning this vehicle but the mechanics keep telling me "it's a good truck." I have not yet hit 100,000 miles and am worried about what's ahead. Anyone out there have similar stories?

12345...14