Used 2000 Chevrolet S-10 Consumer Reviews

Used S-10 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...14

Pros
Cons

Third Major Repair in Two Years

Will, 12/13/2008
LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

Where should I start? Overall, the 2000 S-10 is a strong workhorse and looks good. Here's my dilemma since purchasing the truck with 100,000 miles on it. Last year, the transmission went out at 160k miles, next the third door handle broke ($140 repair and still feels like it's gonna break again), the alternator died this summer, radiator broke, and the starter died as well. Not knowing what the previous owner did as far as maintenence, but for a 6 year old truck it has left me stranded again...blown engine as a result of the heater core fizzin' out!! Oh, did I mention the $2600 transmission rebuild last year also? I love GM cars, but I'm having second thoughts!

Typical GM Quality Product

Tom Bates, 06/10/2009
LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

Things held together for the first 36,000 thousand miles. Door hinge pins fell out right at the time the warranty ran out. Then slowly things have been breaking and falling apart. A seat adjustment lever here and there a blower motor, here a short, there a short, gas gauge stuck on 3/4 of a tank. The A/C has one speed and that is on. At least it is working, so does the cigarette lighter.

Disappointed in "THE GENERAL"

nickcon104, 02/20/2004
LS 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

I have owned my s-10 Stepside for 4 years and have had overall a good experience with my truck. The build quality is starting to show its age. The drivers door is sagging, the rear tail lights and brake lights decided to short out. The rubber window molding on the door comes loose and flaps around at high speeds. Truck is reliable and sporty looking and the interior is comfortable. I am in the market for a new vehicle but as much as I would like to stay w/a Chevy, I don't think I want to plunk down my hard earned $$ for another GM product :-(

Looks can be deceiving

fatmawyer, 05/27/2003
LS Xtreme 2dr Extended Cab SB

Looks very sporty at the dealer, but not so on the road. The only possibility for performance is with the v6 setup and the manual transmission. I had the 4 with automatic. 'Xtreme'ly poor performance. The build quality was horrible. The rotors went bad after 20k miles, the transmission needed an overhaul after 30k, and at 56k the truck was having trouble starting. I was very disappointed and after trading in the truck (after ENORMOUS depreciation-over 60% of original value in 2.5 years and 56k miles) and purchasing japanese, I will never buy american again, the quality just doesn't exist.

just junk

eric, 04/14/2008
2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This truck is a piece of junk. At 44,000 miles I had to replace the water pump. At 46,000 I had to replace the trans. The handle for the seat to recline broke soon after I bought it. I also had to replace the breaks at 25,000 miles. My wife has a 01 f150 that pulls a fifth wheel and it had 60,000 before the breaks went out. Also with 100,000 miles the trany is still going strong. My son has a 87 f150 and has less problems than I am having with this piece of junk. He has 250,000 and his trany is still going strong. This is my last Chevy, going back to Ford. Like a rock my foot.

12345...14