Used 1999 Chevrolet S-10 Consumer Reviews

Used S-10 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
1...456789

Pros
Cons

Glad I have another truck that runs

j willey, 09/01/2006

With less than 100,000 miles and already on its second motor and needing a transmission, I am very dissapointed with the quality of this truck. The mechanicals are poor, the ride is not bad, the interior falls apart and has more rattles than a box of nails. I am afraid to put the windows down after having them work going down every time but a guessing game when going back up.

To the Xtreme

bigjr_fan, 11/29/2002

It took me awhile to find an xtreme in my area with the right color and engine combo (for me: black, 4.3, 5 speed) but once I found it I was very happy with almost every aspect of the truck. I have made several modifications to the engine and interior to boost performance. I would'nt recommend this vehicle for a daily driver, rather a weekend toy.

S-10

Jason Lieu, 01/29/2003

Ive owned my s-10 for about 7 months and i really enjoy it. I have done a few mods and it really makes me enjoy it alot more. Although with most new vehicles There is to much brakable plastic.Also to do any engine work is really a pain that needs alot of special tools, which gets annoying but after your done it the day is over.

Excellent first 90,000 miles

dbf1999, 02/14/2003

I've had my S10 for 4 years now and have put over 90,000 miles on it. I needed a brake job ($190) at around 70,000 miles...and that's it! It has been very reliable. This truck is perfect for a teenager (I was 17 when I got mine) or someone buying their first vehicle.

I LOVE my Truck!

malinche, 07/14/2003

I bought it based on the 3rd door and the color (indigo blue)--yeah, it is a "girl" thing, but I am from a true Chevy family (5 Chevy cars, truck, SUV's from the same dealer) and my getting it was no-brainer. I live in the Bay Area and the V6 has served me well go up and down hills. I drive A LOT to SoCal and it is a comfortable drive. I've have had no maintenance problems other then normal wear and tear. I will buy another truck.

1...456789