Used 1998 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews

Used S-10 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

Will last forever

driven_it_all, 10/02/2012
LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought mine used in 2000 with 34k miles. Sold her in 2011 with 240k miles. Pros -never replaced clutch -brakes last long time -never any major work done -decent on gas -took the abuse I gave to it. -motor and transmission are very good Cons -cosmetic & electrical issues -a/c issues ( I gave up after 3rd time) -leaks oil at 100k miles -cluster went out at 200k Would highly recommend if you are looking for a reliable cheap truck.

1998 s10

Daniel, 05/17/2016
LS 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

This is a great little truck for a first truck. Got mine with 129 K miles. And just sold it for something bigger. The double Cardan u joint did make a noise but that just happens with the post 1995 models.overall was reliable and a great daily driver with the 4 cylinder engine. Not worth a lot of money but it gets you a bed and up to 26mph for inexpensive purchase prices.

1998 S10 ZR2 Ext Cab

Bigstik, 05/27/2003
ZR2 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

An extremely reliable vehicle from the day I drove it of the lot. Very limited repairs needed over the 5.5 years I have owned it. Ask your mechanic about these 4.3 liter Vortec V6 engines, he'll tell you that they are built for the long haul. I tow my 19' Sea Ray, haul mulch, furniture, and anything else that will fit in the bed, and racked up about 60,000 miles the first 2 years working the MD/VA territory - all highway, and I don't baby this truck. It still runs like the day I drove it off the lot.

No Problems

beafreak, 06/08/2003
LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

The only problem that I have had is the seat back adjuster handles have both broken off. This is a common problem with this truck(there is a technical service bulletin on this). I've got as high as 27mpg on a 700 mile trip and average about 20. The 2.2L is no powerhouse but it gets the job done. I would surely buy another.

Missing the little trucks

Eric, 01/11/2009
ZR2 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I've owned my S10 for quite a few years and have moved things that most full-sized trucks couldn't. With the zr2 package I had the advantage of a large truck in a small build and it has never let me down, but as I grow older I realize I need a larger truck. A shame to loose ( almost a family member) it.

12345...7