Used 1996 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Reviews

Used Monte Carlo for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...11

Pros
Cons

Ok car

Seanrace, 10/31/2002
Z34 2dr Coupe

I have only had a few minor problems until recently. A few months after I bought it, car had 50k on it, the alternator started going, luckily the warranty paid for this repair ($600) and 2 years later the theft deterrent system went bad and would not allow the car to start (another $600), car had 75k on it. Recently the car began running extremely rough and it went to the dealer for repair. The Car had 93k on it and it cost me $1100 to fix. Overall I think it has been an alright car. I have averaged 20-22 mpg since I have owned it with no problems other than what has been stated above.

nothin but trouble

ashamed, 11/07/2002
LS 2dr Coupe

first set of wires went at about 30k, replaced under warrenty. second set at about 80k. Alternator died at 84,000 miles, water pump and thermostat replaced at 105,000. after tranny went at 110,000 miles I figured I just about rebuild the darn thing and should get a few years of trouble free use, WRONG. I'm on my third thermostat, set of wires, battery, water pump, tires, and the head gasket is shot. I'll never buy another chevy!!

1996 Monte Carlo

Bamoeller, 12/11/2002
LS 2dr Coupe

Its comfort is good and extras are excellent. The adjustable leather seat conforms nice. and i have had no complaints from passengers (front or rear) The radio is fun to play with especially on the steering wheel. It overall has a sporty look and is fun to cruise the streets in.

Good car.

Chevyguy, 12/19/2002
LS 2dr Coupe

I bought this car used at 115,000 miles and was told that the transmission was replaced at 100,000. Other than that the car has had no major repair work done. Two weeks after I bought it however, the alternator went dead. Luckily, it was the LS 3.1 liter (one of GM's best engines I believe) It took me about 30 minutes to replace it with a new alternator. ($90) No problems since. Runs very well.

the one they call....Montel Carlos

djkevinc, 12/28/2002
LS 2dr Coupe

Great car...love it. Very reliable and easy to maintain.

12345...11