Used 1996 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Reviews

Used Monte Carlo for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...11

Pros
Cons

Waited too long!

Big Dog, 07/06/2002
Z34 2dr Coupe

I traded my Z-34 at 98000 miles. The timing belt, water pump, and altenator all lasted to 97000 miles....I was waiting for 0% financing on a new SUV. Other than my poor timing to dump it the Z-34 was a great car.

My z34

z34monte, 07/12/2002

i love this car

not bad

Nismo 400R, 08/08/2002
Z34 2dr Coupe

i have a 96 Z34 i bought it about 2 months ago and i have had no problems athough it acts like the alternator or something is about to go out but besides that i love this car. The only thing i ate about this car is that fact that it is a gas guzzler. it has 17 mpg a 350 can get like 14 so go figure. v6 - v8 17 mpg is pathetic when in a v6. i have a cousin who has a mustang that gets better gas mileage than me.

IF ONLY

Richard in OK, 08/15/2002
Z34 2dr Coupe

I bought my Z34 cheaply,and got a 2yr. warranty with it.Let's face it,it's a sport coupe, not a luxury sedan. The ride is stiff, which you are reminded of at every bump .The seats are uncomfortable and it's hard to get in and out of the back seat.Performance is very good once you get the car moving and it finds the rpm that it likes. I never worry about passing cars as the power is always there. Fuel economy on the highway with air on is about 28 mpg.Little things could have made this car great. One thing,those Z34s that run well,seem to run well. Be thankful,if you have one, but be aware of the problems.Call me crazy, but I still have to like this car.

Excellent Vehicle...

Chris Barter, 08/26/2002
LS 2dr Coupe

The Z34 has the larger of the two engines....which has had a number of problems. My Monte LS has the 3.1L and has never been in the shop and should last well beyond 150,000 miles. The 3.4L is another story. If your considering a GM product, word to the wise, make sure it has the 3.1L in it.

12345...11