Used 2014 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Cheaply made Chevy
By Duke Wayne

2014 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan w/1LT (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this car used hoping it would be a good long lasting car. The gas mileage is the only positive thing I can say about this car. The sheet metal is very poor. 2 dents appeared on the top of it after my son was leaning over it from the side { note: talking on a cell phone leaning against a car should not dent it}. If you like a straight bodied car, DON'T put any pressure at all on any part of this car. You've been warned!! The driver side door beauty cover at the top of the door is already loose, and the front bumper fascia is way out of line with the other side. Getting the seat right for daily driving is also is a chore, and I recommend it not be moved once you find your happy spot, it also sits very low to the ground if you have any knee troubles, and you will need the backup camera to see behind you to help with this as well. I'm 6 foot and it's a hassle for me to see behind. The transmission doesn't know which gear it wants to get it sometimes, and the start - stop thing is a total waste of money. There is no interior trunk release button, which is more annoyance than anything. I'm a Chevy guy and it pains me to thrash on this car. I own a 99 Toyota Camry, and the fit and finish is better by far, and it's got over 220 k miles. If your looking for a long lasting car, get something else.

Looks Nice but costs a lot and a beast to drive
By hekyeah

2014 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan w/1LT (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Pricey for the options but has the best looking interior of similar in its class. Same with the exterior looks are great. The touch screen is not as responsive after a couple of years and the software makes you dig deep into menus to change things you need all the time, like hooking up a phone for bluetooth. My kids hate driving it because the visibility is so poor and the steering is hard to turn compared to other cars.

Awesome mid-size car
By Tony Rosselet

2014 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Awesome car I love the way it drives and rides. Excellent braking. great fuel mileage. Very quite inside it is unbelievable how quiet it is. I've put almost 1000 miles on it since I've bought and it was a very comfortable ride and I am 6'2". I would strongly recommend this vehicle!! The only thing different is I would upgrade to the LT package..... I have the LS.

I should of got a malibu!!!!
By Goyod6

2014 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I rented this car for 1 week while my car was in the shop and hated it the first couple of days. Maybe it was too modern for me. But after a few days the malibu really grew on me. It's not very fast but by far the most comfortable and quiet car I've ever been in. Got use to the engine shutting off when you press the breaks. My car ended up dying so I went ahead and bought a '15 accord.the accord is so loud and bumpy and the seat cushions are soft and uncomfortable with cheap materials. Can't wait to get rid of the honda and get me a chevy instead!!!!

Great car
By Ashley

2014 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Have had 0 problems with this car great mpg plenty of space and love the design of it