Skip to main content

$7,399

Used Malibu for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
4.13 out of 5 stars

2013 Malibu ECO 2SA

ticner58, 12/10/2012
2013 Chevrolet Malibu Eco 4dr Sedan w/Premium Audio (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

I can't understand all of the negative reviews about this car that are out there from certain publications. I now have 3000 miles and simply love this car. I just did a 880 mile one way trip on all interstate driving and averaged 34.3 mpg. This is while driving between 70 & 77 mph all of the way. Under regular driving, 55-60, I have attained over 40 mpg while commuting to work (18 miles one way). Some publications say to purchase the Camry, Pris or Sonota hybrids over this car. Go ahead and price them out using 2SA option, add a sunroof and see what price you get. I found that I was able to get exactly what I wanted, without getting other options that I didn't want or need with the Malibu.

Also Consider
10 Offers Near Ashburn, VA
Check out current offers on the Chevrolet Equinox
View Offers
Chevrolet.com
*The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. Click here to see all Chevrolet vehicles' destination freight charges.

Fantastic refined midsize sedan

curved, 04/22/2013
2013 Chevrolet Malibu Eco 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

I bought a '13 Malibu ECO last week and have been loving it. Compared to other mid size cars I've driven, this new Malibu is something special. It offers a rewarding, precise drive, highly refined drivetrain, top-of-the-class interior, and great seats for tall people. Its compromises are an only moderately impressive fuel economy figure and moderate size interior. I have owned some very fast cars, and the suspension on this car is one of the most impressive I have driven. It manages to have luxury-level refinement while being very precise and settled during high speed cornering. If you're looking for a mid size car with very high refinement, this is it.

Excellant

c4ddym4n, 03/12/2013

Love this Malibu. I traded my 2010 2LT with 59k miles for this ECO 2SA with leather. I travel city/hwy and was getting 24MPG now I am getting 29 MPG City/Hwy. Less engine noise and more power. Shuts engine off at stop lights, restarts when I remove my foot from the brake, seamless.

5 out of 5 stars

Feel smart for buying this car

dgl7, 08/04/2012

The ride of this car is very smooth and very quiet.It's not going to win any contests in the 0-60MPH area, but it will get 30-32 MPG in mixed highway and city driving.Strictly highway driving will yield at least the 37mpg that it's rated for and possibly more depending how heavy your foot gets.Previously had an Acura TL,and I can say that the Malibu outshines the TL in nearly every category.Interior materials including leather are high quality. MyLink system fully integrates with my iPhone including putting album art on the screen. This car is a joy to drive and when I look around at other sedans like the TL or the Lexus IS I feel pretty smart with my decision to buy the Malibu for much less

4.13 out of 5 stars

Choose Wisely...

panglossian, 11/21/2013

As others, I compared most of the mid-size vehicles. I wanted to buy American (if that is really possible nowadays). Each car has their own benefits, and despite media comments, none really stand out as a clear leader of the pack. Be careful if you select this model. Its still a fine vehicle, though there are some issues. The 13 Eco is one of a kind, as it appears to be discontinued in 14 (the base 2.5L gets the same mpg). Many of the features advertised in the normal vehicles are not in the Eco. Mine was advertised to have 10 airbags, though only has 7. Nor does it have the MyLink radio, so forget about Pandora and the other neat features. I recommend waiting for a 2014.