Used 2013 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews - 60 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Very pretty, but fuel mileage not so cute.
By Jim Keith

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Eco 4dr Sedan w/Premium Audio (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

Practically no leg room in back seat, trunk has very limited usable space because of battery. The electric motor really helps on steep up hill starts. Fuel mileage is much below what I expected. 26 in combined driving, and has never topped 30 on the highway. I was expecting 35 on hwy. Getting in and out a bit tricky for a person with a bad back. I bought second hand but have put over 20k on it in about 4 years. Have to give it 4 stars as I still like the car in spite of short comings.

Very good car, headroom could be better!
By Brian Lee

2013 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan w/2LZ (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

So, I really love the '13 Malibu, everything is really good, the car is beautiful, gets really good gas mileage thanks to the auto-start stop feature, but one thing that bothers me about the Malibu is the front headroom, I'm 6'2, but the Malibu's front headroom is what bugs me the most, when I get in the car, I can BARELY fit in, but all-in-all the Malibu is an EXCELLENT starter's car.

Stabil trak
By John inman

2013 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan w/3LT (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Not even 30500 And the Abs light and stabil trac light is on the car is in a heated garage..then the language on the dash says usa definitely not that language.. car was bought new in 2014 with gm warranty 3 years 36000 miles...

Faulty electrical system
By Tammy

2013 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan w/1LZ (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The dashboard lights started flickering, the speedometer and rpm needles started flying all over the place and then my dashboard stopped working altogether! I don’t know how much gas I have in the car. I don’t know how fast I’m going. I would not recommend you spend your money on this car. There are complaints all over the web with others having the same issues. Ugh. My hard earned money I saved to get a nice car is now down the drain.

400$later only 4years old
By crystal Stox

2013 Chevrolet Malibu LS Fleet 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Although this car is good on gas,there seem to be problems early on.The water pump,camshaft,BATTERY went after only 4years old!! I'm not done paying on this car and has already cost me $400 dollars to fix.These cars are not easy to fix at home and has to be taking in to local shop. Just as I got 60,000 miles the car started to have engine problems. Too expensive to keep fixing on.I wonder what is next?