Used 2013 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Consumer Reviews - 58 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

Worst car ever
By TAP

2013 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought the 2013 Cruze Eco brand new with 11 miles. It was my wife car and see drives like a grandma. First problem one of the spark plugs went bad at around 18,000 miles, Then the intake was leaking oil around 30,000 miles. Then the water pump was leaking around 45,000 miles. The final straw for me is when the turbo oil cooling tube leaked almost the oil out to the engine at 72,000 and GM said it was not part of the engine warranty. I had to pay out of pocket to fix it. How is a part that will drain all the engine oil not part of the engine. I wonder if my wife kept driving and destroy the engine if GM won't of honored their engine warranty. I traded it in for a new 2017 Hyundai Sonata limited, trade in value was horrible. That car cost me as much as the Cruze but is a much better car.

IF I COULD GIVE THIS CAR A ZERO I WOULD
By ANGELA D

2013 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LT Fleet 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

i purchased the car from the dealer. it was the demo vehicle with less than 5,000 miles on it. i had nothing but issues. it had no pick up. so i had to be extremely careful with crossing intersections. 6 months into owning the vehicle it was overheating and giving me a message, a/c off due to high engine temps. when i took it to the dealer they couldn't find the issue, the message was no longer there. 100 miles over my warranty expiration it happened again. i had to get the car towed there and then they found the issue. almost $2,000.00 later in repairs. not even a month later the check engine light was back on. now everytime i pump gas it gives me a hard time to start and is very shaky, to the point i have to turn off the car and turn it back on. sometimes though when i try to turn it off the engine stays on even if i take the key out. this car has been a real lemon. which i am also looking into the lemon law. so zoom forward to now a year later after spending 2,000.00 to repair the car bam it does it again. i changed the thermostat and nothing, so after spending a couple hundred on that i took it elsewhere and it is now costing me another $2,000.00 to fix and it seems to be the same issue that apparently wasn't fixed right at the dealer. i have only taken my car to the dealer from day 1 until now. ****don't buy this car**** i know a few people that own this vehicle not necessarily 2013 but newer models as well and same problems.

2013 ChevyCruze Check Engine Light Cat Converter
By Jody Sherwin

2013 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

My duaghter's 2013 Chevy Cruze was in the Dealer twice for Check Engine Light, where one was a Vacuum Line (p0171) was Bad & replaced, then 1 1/2 day later it came back on (p0420) and took back into the Dealer again. This time to be told that it was not under warranty and even though there was a recall (16186, which has same year, make, & model) that the vin was not part of the recall, so cost would be $966 for repairs to replace the converter. When I had asked to see the car on a hoist to show me where it was bad, was told by Bryan in Feldman Chevy of Livonia, MI that there was no way to tell. So for a car that we only owned for less than 6-months, which the vehicle is less than 5yrs old, that now had to be brought into the dealership twice for Check Engine Light and now needs a Catalytic Converter, but no way to show you that it was bad, even though was listed in a Recall, but just so happens it cannot be repaired...I call BS on that! I will never be buying anymore vehicles thru them, which is a shame since all of my family does and they have had issues as well...guess it's time for a KIA!!

Love my Cruze!
By Ms. J

2013 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After having a car that was non-drivable, I traded it in for a shiny, red Cruze. I literally handed the dealer my old keys, stated my issues, told them I wanted a Cruze and to tell me when I could sign. I didn't test drive the car first, and had my heart set on the silver option. When I showed up to sign the papers, the car was a bright red... And perfect for me! I LOVE my Cruze! It is comfy, roomy, easy to maneuver. The trunk has the perfect amount of space for my kids and I, and my business. I was a surrogate and pregnant with twins and was also able to get in and out of the car just fine during the entire pregnancy. It is fantastic and easy to maintain!

Unreliable
By Jen

2013 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We had a horrible experience with our 2013 Cruz was in the garage 11 times in the first two years problems associated with the power train turbo went twice! We couldn't wait to get out of this car! They don't hold their value at all took a big hit when went to trade it in! I was told these are like throw away vehicles and I believe it. If you're looking for something reliable and to hold its value I'd keep looking. The only plus was the technology but reliability and dependability much more important and we didn't get that!