This car is built very well and has a long list of features.
Chevy has done a great job of creating a diverse lineup for the Cruze.
The MyLink features link Pandora, navigation, XM, etc... are easy to use and the screen position, size, and clarity are excellent!
Driving the Cruze is fun and for a change, I am looking forward to my next road trip.
The trunk is huge for a small car, but the back seat room is a bit tight for 6' adults.
If you are 5'10" or shorter it would be fine!
My car is a 2013 chevy cruze lt. I bought it 8/14/13 and it has been in the shop 7 times since I bought it. I had a water leak on the drivers side, the heater makes a weird grinding noise and the transmission surges, it also make a weird scraping noise when I put my foot on the gas. I finally had enough and called GM my car has 3,000 miles on it and has spent more time at the shop than my driveway. It has now been 8 days since I have had my car they have me in a rental until the paperwork is finalized on my new 2014 replacement cruze. I am so glad that they pulled me from my car it has cost me time from work and so frustrating.....
VALVE cap replaced in 2014
Purge Valve replaced 2015
Car turned off randomly when at a stop
Computer panel shut off without warning
When idle, car jerks
Most recently, car smells like gas inside when car is on and at a stop
I've got just shy of 90,000 miles on this car at this time. It has been absolutely trouble free. Just replaced original Goodyear tires just last week. Two recalls, minor issues, both taken care of while the dealership replaced the tires. (BTW, dealership beat Discount Tire by $100 for equivalent tires.) I'm averaging 37 miles per gallon. Yes, I said averaging. Brakes still good, no shudder or fade. Engine still runs great. I replace the oil regularly using only Mobile One. I especially recommend using high quality oil with any turbo-charged vehicle because turbos tend to keep spinning once you stop the car. Shut the car off too quickly and you shut the oil flow to the turbo off. I let it sit for a minute before shutting off. Good advice for any turbo engine if you want the turbo to last. MyLink infotainment system is great although a little slow on screen response. Overall, this is by far the best car I've ever owned, and being almost sixty years old I've owned quite a lot of cars. I highly recommend this car.
OK the car in my opinion is over priced and these are the reasons why.
1. the dashboard, well I don't even know what that is other than plastic. This makes it very easy to wipe down. I mean a damp cloth with a little light weight cleaner (I use organic cleaners) and wham it looks new again. Problem I can't see that dashboard lasting and would be really surprised if it did. I keep my windows and the car covered to protect it so maybe this will help.
2. I have had to have rusting bolts replaced (MY car is 2 years old, 2013. With 28K miles on it. I bought it with 68 miles). In addition, the paint job wasn't all that great and after getting home with my car I noticed foggy areas on the paint. They fixed that for me right away but still I was left without my car for 3 days.
3. The paint is some type of silicon? Therefore press your nail in it and it leaves the impression. That is so not cool. Think about it.
4. The seats could use much improvement. I bought pads for them because they are sunken and not padded well as on many imports. My car was 18 years old so it took me a few weeks to notice this. I wish I had noticed before that. lol
5. The molding around my car which is the only metal I think it has after 2 years was discolouring and spotting. It got blamed on the rain. Really? Serioulsy? You think the rain did that but didn't touch the paint? I don't think so. Either way it had to be replaced. It really looked like a car that was 20 years old and I'd had it for 2 years! Not cool. Not cool at all. Really bent me.
6. The seat covers, cloth on the seats, they do not hold up well. They do not clean well. I already had to have one of the seats replaced. This was done a little over 1 year of owning the car. At that time there was another lady having the same thing done and she had had her car about the same length of time.
7. Due to the material they used for the interior it will show every mark. I mean if you vacuum and the vacuum drags across the "plastic" around the door near the dashboard or even where the gears for park etc are. It will leave a scratch. I also had that area replaced due to the scratching much to my vain due to they scratched [non-permissible content removed] out of it while replacing it and the old piece had less markings. :()
8. Lastly the key has buttons for opening the door and starting the car. Somehow for me it is super easy to hit and not notice I opened the trunk.
Now please understand I'm good to my cars. They laugh at me at the dealership and tell me my car is spotless. I laugh because I'm bringing it in for a detail when they tell me this. My Toyota was a 93 and I bought it with 2000 miles. Not one spot on my car. No one believed me when I told them it was 20 years old. They thought it was a 2003 or so. :) I take very good care of my belongings inside and out. The bumpers were still jet black! No cracks, no marks on the inside! No tears in the seats nothing.
UPDATE: I had the car for two years in that course of time the paint had to be redone 2x's. The visor fell off in my lap while driving...bolts had to be replaced. Rusting had to be taken care of inside the car door, the interior was marking up not good and for no real reason, the front seat had to be replaced, the trimming was peeling, the door started creaking and slightly tilted, thus it was coming off the hinges Really? I took it in a couple of times, and each time I was told nothing was wrong with it but there is no way I was imaging it! What am I talking about? The car would rock when stopped as if a huge vechile had droven by when there were NO cars around me! Several times I would go to accelerate in order to move out of the line of being "hit" and the car just wouldn't go. I have no idea what would cause this but either way total bs. I had the car for two years and I sold it back to the dealership. I suppose the issues with this car are high since they bought it back from me leaving me to owe $37. To top it off in two years I went from 34 miles per gallon to 28. I take very good care of my cars, cleaning, detailing and I never miss an oil change etc. I will never own another Cheverolet. The car isn't worth the materials to make it.