Used 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews - 193 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Its Alright
By Ethan Kobernick

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a great first car. It gets you from point A to point B. I just wouldn't suggest to put too much money into the car because it will break.

Wanna go fast for 4 grand?
By Mack

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

Purchased this car in December of 2017 with 80k. It’s had some problems since, reverse lights don’t work, sunroof doesn’t work, speaker blew out, fan relay is going, steering wheel buttons don’t work for the most part, etc, (mostly interior problems) but the supercharger screams and is very fast for what you pay. Overall not a bad car it’s never broken down on me (knock on wood) but the performance is there.

Key west trip with (Bestsy)
By Besty Cobalt

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We brought this car used from a dealer 3 years ago never had a problem with it we wanted to take a nice trip to the keys for 2 day so we decided to go with my girlfriend Chevy cobalt, I have to say I was so impress with the performance of this little car going 80 miles per hour with no problem. I was pushing this car and laughing my girlfriend told me to take it easy on her baby so I respond by saying dont worry Babe Besty doing fine, unfortunately I have to say that my girlfriend got into a car accident couple weeks ago with a pickup truck on her way to work and total Besty, we only had PIP insurance on it. My girlfriend is doing fine, but she's so sad about the car,she wants the same car because of the reliability, we trying to save to get another one.

10 years later and still rides like a champ
By Vince

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new in May 2007, almost exactly 10 years ago. Besides the recalls, there was little need to do any repairs or take it into the dealer for the first 7 years/80k miles. This car has been extremely reliable even after 128k miles, hitting a deer, and sliding off of a snowy highway into a ditch (I was young and dumb, give me a break). I will admit that I am a DIYer so whenever a problem comes up with my car, and like I said there weren't many the first 7 years, I'm quick to replace any needed parts, so it runs about as well as the day I bought it. There have been no issues with the tranny (dropped pan and replaced fluid at about 100k miles), the brakes lasted me a very long time (replaced front brakes around 90k miles, back drum brakes around 125k miles), and had to do some front end work around 120k miles. It's still a very zippy car with paint that looks fresh, even in the rust belt. The only problem with the car worth noting right now is that the front driver side speaker doesn't work, which also means that I can't hear turn signals and notifications from the vehicle in general, but it's probably just a short that I'll get around to fixing. All in all, if you're looking for a reliable vehicles that will stay on the road if you take care of it, I think a Cobalt is a reasonable way to go.

The most fun car I've ever broken
By liquidmuffins

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

After owning a 2007 SS Supercharged for over a year, I mostly think happy thoughts. These cars are not known for head gaskets blowing, but I can only write my review based on my own experience. My cobalt has been my favorite car to own so far. The day I bought it (not knowing how to drive manual transmission) I drove it to San Antonio Texas from Kansas. The car had no issues other than the ones I caused! Smooth highway driving. It got just under 30mpg and it had 98k miles when I bought it. By the time it was at 113k (and pushing it hard no doubt) it blew a head gasket in the middle of winter. After bumming rides for 6 months I decided to let it go. Don't let this story scare you away from picking up a used Cobalt though, it'll be well worth your money.