Used 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Consumer Reviews

Used Cavalier for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
1...67891011

Pros
Cons

'03 Cavilier

ajpa, 05/01/2003

I recently took delivery of an '03 Cavilier coupe. I was pleasantly surprised by the excellent fit and finish of this car, both outside and in. It also has a peppy motor and a smooth shifting 5-speed manual transmission. The back seat is also very roomy for a compact car this size. I also got a great price on this car.

The New Cavalier Can Move It!

truegenius, 05/07/2003

Having not quite driven 500 miles yet, I have to say the most impressive thing about the '03 Cavalier is the 2.2L EcoTec engine. It sounds good and, combined with the automatic xmission, moves very smoothly. I really feel the power when I get up around 60mph. My first Cav since '85, I hope GM has learned something about engineering. I like what I see so far.

Good basic transportation

PublicTrans-no more, 05/25/2003

This car seems to have been designed to be basic transportation with a few extra features to make you forget that. While the Cavalier may be a bit higher priced than its rivals in the same catagory, you can't find a better mode of basic transportation. The automatic transmission is a charm, seemlessly gliding through gears, and the 140HP engine pops when you need it to. The ECOTEC engine also sips fuel, my highway mileage is easily 38-40 MPG. How we ever got by without 60/40 fold down seats I'll never know, this feature is the bridge in utility that hatchbacks always had, and traditional coupes could only dream of...until now.

Fantastic car for my money.

RMcoolX, 05/28/2003

I got this car new (8 mi.) for only $7295 plus a $600 dealer add-on package. No-trade in and no extended warranty. Needless to say, it's a FANTASTIC car for the money! Great performance for a 4-cyl. Build quality is lacking a bit, however. Thanks to the manual tranny and strong engine, the car is very fun to drive. Also, the car is surprisingly smooth at highway speed.

Best Car Ever!

Tonya, 04/21/2008

I bought this car with 7 miles on it in 2002. Since then I have pretty much driven the heck out of it. Had a rear light replaced and emissions sticker put on as far as the recall, but the only major thing I've replaced was the fuel pump. I'm pretty hard on cars, so of course I've had general maintenance work, including brakes....and maybe a tire or 3. This car gets great gas mileage, even with the A/C on. I drive all over, so I needed something economical. This makes my 3rd Cavalier. Previously I owned a 1988 and 1994, both were great cars. I will drive this car til it falls apart, since GM discontinued it. This car has been the very best. Plus, it's completely paid off!

1...67891011