2017 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Little Old Lady from Pasadena
By Cheryl Rester

2017 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

This car is hands down, the fastest car I've ever owned and exceeds all expectations. I am thrilled with the car, the dealership (Bay Chevrolet) and the salesman (Jay Carter) where I purchased it. The only drawbacks is that the rear window has limited visibility and the back seat is extremely small, but I did not want a soccer mom vehicle. This car is the first thing on my bucket list and as great as it is, it will probably be the last. So fun to drive. Who says you can't have fun at 71.

My last Chevrolet ever!
By Not at all satisfied

2017 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I have had numerous Camaros, from a 1967 RS Convert through 2010 SS, 2014 SS2 convert, and recently purchased a 2017 convertible new. The hood and trunk area were absolutely filthy with mold/mildew and I had some funky issues with electronics on and off. But the worst was that you couldn't run the a/c unless the wipers were on (Florida) because the a/c pushes through the defrosters constantly. the dealer first said live with it, I found the fix from GM myself and after 2 weeks in the shop and a broken windshield they gave it back, said it could not be fixed and they were done as they said GM claims the car functions as it was engineered...so I spent thousands more to get them to take it back and buy a 2018 that doesn't smell like mildew, where the electronics seem to work very well, but the a/c still fogs the window terribly every morning. GM wouldn't help, nor did the dealer...I have purchased my last Chevy/GM product!

Even 50yr old women like the 50th
By Brigette

2017 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 1SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Hands down the best performance car I have driven, even compared to a Ferrai 458 Speciale. The only annoying part is the forced shift from 1st to 4th. I intended to only drive it on weekends, sticking to my Malibu for daily driving, but you only live once. The gas mileage can be impressive if driven properly on highway, and 18mpg city.

My Ex Calls it my MLC
By JerichoNP

2017 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 1LT 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Who cares if this is a mid-life crisis???? This is the funnest car to drive I've ever owned. I was worried about the 4cyl Turbo, but my son, who is a mechanic, talked me into trying it. It claims to be capable of getting 30mpg on the hwy, and it probably does if you keep your foot out of the floormat. But so far, I've had a hard time doing that. This car is so tight in all aspects - handling, acceleration, styling, technology. I have the Rally Sport edition,

Nice for a Base Model
By Dan

2017 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2LT 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I only owned this car for a year but I did enjoy it for the time I had it. The turbo 4 was peppy when mated to the 6 speed manual transmission. It sits very low to the ground, which is to be expected. The long nose meant you have to be really careful when parking or turning into or out of steep entrances. The window switches were in an odd spot. I loved Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. When on calls though, people said they could hear my signals during the call. Thank goodness for the backup camera because rearward visibility was almost non-existant. Gas mileage was good but offset by the fact that premium/supreme fuel was required. It had a hill-start feature that prevented rolling backwards when on hills. I didn't really care for that. There should've been a way to disable the feature. I also didn't care for the electronic parking brake. The push button start sometimes didn't work properly and at times the smart-key wasn't detected. Seat comfort was good but I would've liked more supportive head restraints as in the Mustang and other Ford cars. The center console was a bit awkward as it had a long edge that served no purpose other than to open it. Once opened there was hardly any space for anything. It would've been nice to have an overhead console/storage area for sunglasses as there is no other place in the car for them. This was my same complaint on my 2012 Mustang. Overall though, I really enjoyed the car but just needed something a little more practical. Maybe in the future I'll get one again for a 2nd car.