2016 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

A 'Race Horse' Car with Excellent Manners
By Robert Haines

2016 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible SS w/2SS 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

The Camaro goes way beyond pony car - the 2SS package is a factory race car without a doubt! With Track and Competitive Driving Mode this truly is ready to hit the track, yet putt around town with the wife or take a cruise on the highway and one quickly notices this race car has some very fine manners indeed! The technology is astounding! Hop in and crank it up and your bluetooth automatically connects and starts playing music right where it left off. 6'7" guy sharing car with 5'2" wife? No worries! Camaro recognizes your key fob and the memory seats adjust right to where you want them! The instrument cluster is customizable on the fly and features some cool performance readings. The car drops in and out of V4 mode without notice - if you are not watching the indicator you never know it happens. Even with my wife's 3 mile drive to work it's pulling better MPG than the V6 mustang she had prior. The convertible top is convenient and quiet operating with only the press of a switch - no unhooking, snapping or zipping and you can even move the top while you're moving! The technology, performance, and comfort of this car are truly amazing!!!

My 2016 1/2 2SS Convertible
By Ward Hanson

2016 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible SS w/2SS 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

This was a special ordered 2-SS Convertible that wasn't even manufactured until April 2016 in Lansing. I have had a 1969 & 1973 Z-28 Camaro, 1971 & 74 'vette but this car with the magnetic ride, LT1 Corvette Engine in nothing but FUN to drive. This is the most responsive factory made car I have ever had the pleasure of driving. Regardless of speed form 27 to 127, when you ask it to move faster - it does without hesitation. Having the 4 handling settings allow you to tour down the road with an amazing 28.5 MPG at 65 MPH, or in Sport mode make on lookers snap their necks to see it. This model year did not offer either the Z-28 & ZL1 options so they really piled on the extras with the 2SS models. I waited for Chevy to put the new Convertible top on this model and it was well worth the wait. You can drive up to 35 MPH and easily open or close the top. After driving a 2015 and 2015 convertible, this is by every means superior top in every way, even noise. I dubbed this my retirement car, but never knew I would love driving near as much as I do and I only have 2,500 miles, can't wait to add more.

My 2016 1/2 2SS Convertible
By Ward Hanson

Chevy got it right
By Bob Edelstein

2016 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible LT w/2LT 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought a 2LT conv with 3.6 V6. I can't review the 4 cylinder or the V8. Took car to Phoenix Az with 80 miles on clock. 4900 mile round trip. averaged 27.3 mpg at average speed of 69 mph. that includes about 300 miles of city driving, stop and go and cruising at from 75 mph to 90 mph. Averaged over 30 mpg in mountains of Az and N Mexico. Very comfortable for 12 hour driving days. Preferred it to my Mercedes CLS63 or Audi A5 for the trip.