Used 1999 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews

Used Blazer for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...20

Pros
Cons

I love my '99 Blazer

Reyn, 07/02/2017
LS 4dr SUV

This is the most reliable vehicle that I ever owened since 1967. I’ve never regretted the purchase. I love the split tail gate, something that’s not offered anymore. I wish GM had retrograded the Blazer instead of the ugly model they came out with and called it a Blazer. The extreme slant of the rear only causes a decrease in cargo volume. It would be great if GM would take the design of the Tahoe and shrink it to the dimensions of the 1999 Blazer dimensions. Now that would be a Blazer!

Garbage!

blackhaus50, 06/03/2010

Front suspension is just awful, the truck was all over the road, pulled to the right bad when I used the brake. The interior would make all sorts of noise with the cheap plastic parts. Oh and how about the seat recliner handle. How many times did that break off. Just stay away!

EASY ROLL OVER

cassnjake, 10/16/2003

My fiance and I purchased this vehicle as a reliable way to transport our 1 yr old son. Luckily we did not have him with us when we went to check out my fiance's shooter's bench in the hedgerow... it was around 8am and the grass was slick from dew... my fiance was driving and he wasn't goofing around or anything on the grass road between the cornfields... he pushed the gas a little and the blazer did a 180 degree turn, the wheels stuck into the ground, and rolled us on our top. I would NEVER buy an SUV again. It was cray that you could roll a vehicle going only 7mph!!!! I loved the way it looked and it was very comfortable... but it is NOT SAFE!!!

JUNK!!!!! Run AWAY!!!!

geestoys480, 06/25/2012

I bought this junk from the original owner, 120K miles, looked great, ran decent and did for about 2 weeks. He had replace the radiator, tranny fluid and plugs. So i thought all good......WRONG! I put 5k miles on it and in the time period I replace the fuel pump, window motors, ac compressor, radiator hoses, oil leaks and the transfer case was blown out as well. MONEY PIT, stay away from these trucks, traded it in for a real SUV, 4runner! Run AWAY!!

not as bad as you think

good rig, 03/25/2009

This car is a pack mule. I bought it with 146,000 miles and all that's gone wrong is fuel pump and heater core. The strong points in the vehicle are its beefy v6, reliable transmission, and decent gas mileage. The bad stuff is the wimpy axles, not so much the front but the back is terrible. I would recommend purchasing a crate axle with a bit more weight and wider stance, or jus rebuilding in the stock housing. Or just buy hub spacers, that's easy too. Unfortunately I think the transmission isn't going to make it to 200,000, but everything else I'm sure. And fyi, if your 4x4 wont engage its most likely the vacuum lines that engages it.

12345...20