Used 2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Reviews

Used Avalanche for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...54

Pros
Cons

Fun, Solid, and reliable at high milage

mwedding, 11/16/2010

I love my truck. I have owned 29 vehicles in my life, and this is clearly my favorite. I bought it with about 115K miles on it, and I will turn over 140K this week. The truck rides like an SUV, and I have hauled 1500 lbs of rocks and mulch. Take the back window out, open the sunroof and windows, and it is like driving around in an open air Jeep, but it is SO USEFUL. I take my family on vacation, pull trailers, and cruise drive the back roads. I think I will keep this truck longer than any vehicle I have ever owned... Maybe take it over 200K, I bought it expecting that I will put a transmission in it before 180K, we will see.

Chevy girl

Pam, 02/17/2017
1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have been the sole owner of my Avalanche. Purchased it new. Has been very reliable functional comfortable and fun. There's a problem with the heating and air conditioning periodically malfunctioning and the leather on seats, poor quality

Best I've Owned

Sherry, 06/08/2008

Leased this truck for work - I wasn't sure if I'd want to keep it long term. I drove it and bought it! I've stayed on the road during horrendous winter weather using only the stock tires. Hauled drywall, flooring, sod, dirt, rock, garbage - you name it - and it comes clean and looks great for the daily commute. With gas prices rising I've been thinking I should look at something cheaper to run but I don't want to - this is the best vehicle I've owned/driven in 30 years.

after a bump in the road when i firsst bought it

jay, 12/02/2016
1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

i love my truck i love the mid gate feature i love the "saddlebags" i use one to keep tools in straps, hitch, rope , emergency supplies, and the other i use as a cooler . when i first bought it took the wife and daughter to dinner went out to go home ...... battery good wouldn't start had it towed home spent 2 days trying to figure it out tried everything checked all the fuses (that i could pull out easily ) finally checked all the fuses again and the one that i couldn't easily pull was the culprit . replaced the fuse and have not had a problem since. i bought it used and it has a southern comfort mod with a great paint job . i have hauled dirt gravel rocks bricks tree branches trips to the dump and even more dirt handles it like a champ . some features i love the most are the heated seats on cold winter mornings and the ability to haul wood camping supplies drywall all in a dry secure bed that is 8 ft long when needed and the ride an comfort is unmatched. the only issue is my wife had a bit of trouble climbing in but the running boards help. i added a backup camera that helps with backing and hooking up a trailer .

2004 Z71

John Hopper, 12/29/2009

I've owned this vehicle for just over three years. Had to replace front shocks, fuel pumps, brakes all around. Have the "clunking" from the steering shafts, trouble with rear tailgate latches, poor fuel economy. But I love this truck, might not buy another one, but I still really like it.

12345...54