Used 1992 Cadillac DeVille Sedan Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Cadillac DeVille Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

GROOVY CADDY
By Gerard Briggs

1992 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2016 for 400.00. It was a mother and Father -in- laws car so it was driven sparingly. It had 84,000 miles on it. I put 12,000 in 1 year. The only repair that I had which the owner told me about was an oil gasket and transmission line(small section) replaced. Both cost me a total of 400.00. Just had new tires put on and a state inspection(passed with flying colors). Cost a total of 435.00. The red leather is super comfortable and almost like new. All the lights in the cabin work. All windows, heact a/c work. Everything works.Trunk is clean and huge. The engine is powerful and the transmission shifts flawlessly. Original black paint and chrome is in excellent shape. There is absolutly no rust on the car. The only thing is the radio and antenna don't work. Common on this car. I'm hesitant to put an after market sound system in as I was told that it might screw up the digital dash which is working perfectly. The ride is very comfortable and cornering isn't that bad. You can't take corners going 65. Getting in and out is easy. I really like this car. With 96,000 miles on it I would like to keep it a bit longer. It doesn't have the safety features of the newer cars. That might be my only reason to sell it but I don't race my car any more since I'm 64.

Lizzy
By Steve Clark

1992 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

My wife named her,the car was my late step mother and fathers car ,it was given to us in the will when they passed..been a great car i replaced the air ride with reg shocks got it repainted. Replaced head liner.the only problem i have is a crack in the head it doesnt put antifreeze in oil or use it i just dont have heat the heater core gets air in it wont heat the car ..thats the only problem i havent fixed yet but the engine runs to good to repair so gonna drive her till she blows then get another engine drop in it they dont make cars like this anymore that i can afford

car stops on mountain roads on dry pavement
By Nathan Kugler

1992 Cadillac DeVille Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan

Car detects you are going around a curve at more than recommended speed on dry pavement and stops the car to zero mph - it shifts down slows the engine down and after you are at zero it lets you go again. Dangerous if someone is tailgating you and all of a sudden you are stopped without warning. Dangerous when there is no shoulder to pull off on when it does this. It does this going up or down the mountain. But this feature is turned on or off with a button behind the shift lever. When traction is turned off, this does not happen.

Very Reliable Car
By bcgrizzard

1992 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

This Sedan Deville has been nothing but good to me. I have taken it on multiple 2 to 3 trips and is my daily driver. It has had almost everything replaced on it but you have to realize that this car is 20 years old.

With that being said, the car drives smooth with no real engine problems other than consumption of coolant, which is to be expected with older cars.

Gas mileage is right around 16 in the city and 19 on the highway!

Would recommend this car if in great to good condition!

Smooth highway driving For being a 20 year old car the sound system is superb Plenty of space to sit, front and back. Trunk space is very large

Not a fan of the digital gas gauges, as they tend to go out.

My Dream Car became my Nightmare Car!
By Ruthie

1992 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

I thought I was going to enjoy this Cadillac; it has been a pain since I bought it. Paid $6000.00 cash, I have had to spend over $4000.00 for parts that normally don't go out on cars. 3 gas tanks, fuel pump, harmonic balancer, serpentine belt, new tires, new brakes and now brake booster going out after 1 month of having new brakes put on. I wish I had turned my head when I saw this one, I will never ever buy a Cadillac again. It looks great but it has to many major things wrong with it. I am really sadden with my Cadillac and very disappointed with it.