Used 2012 Buick Enclave SUV Consumer Reviews

Used Enclave for Sale
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

Oh, how we loved you, until you let us down

Kevin E., 05/22/2018
Leather Group 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We were so happy to get our Buick Enclave 2 years ago. It rides very nice. It is quiet. The seats are comfortable. It is easy to drive. While on a trip out west, we noticed the engine feels underpowered with 4 people and luggage traveling through the Rocky Mountains. It struggled going up some hills. All was well though until we hit 68000 miles. It started with the engine shutting off while driving. The power steering went out when this happened making it very difficult to try and steer to get off the road. After this happened 3 times in 2 days, we took it to the dealership. The power steering pump needed replaced, the timing chain needed replaced, and a cam shaft was bad. This came to around $12000. Thank God we purchased an extended warranty when we bought it. It was all covered except for the deductible. After going through that, the vehicle then started making a strange noise whenever we would turn the wheel. The brake booster is also going out. At this point, we decided to trade it in on a new GMC Acadia. I strongly recommend if you buy a used one to purchase an extended warranty. They are known for having timing chain issues (which I did not know when I bought it).

Sorry, Buick... one and done!

G Tornatore, 04/19/2017
Leather Group 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Like the aesthetics and functionality of our 2012 Buick Enclave very much, however cannot recommend due to drivetrain major failures. Water pump failed at 75k miles. Engine and transmission failures at only 90k miles. 4 months ago (Jan. '17), had a fuel injector failure... GM service tech strongly suggested that all 6 by replaced at same time ($2400). OK,..happens. However, just diagnosed with a failing transmission (torque converter & transmission) in April '17. Cost to install a new transmission by GM... $5200. That's it,.. at only 90k miles on a 5 year old, well maintained vehicle...I'm out. No confidence in the Enclave reliability....shame.

My first BUICK ENCLAVE

mike, 10/23/2017
Leather Group 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

IF you decide to buy one then make sure that you have it checked out completely before. you buy . Original owners almost never keep maintenance records . I bought one with 95000 miles on it and it needed a lot of work done because the first owner neglected to take care of the mechanical issues . The Lexus dealer in cool springs was supposed to do a 141 inspection on it according to their list sheet . I found too many things they overlooked and did not mention on the sheet. Tire where bald, front brakes down to the metal, rear brakes almost the same, brake, antifreeze, power steering, and transmission fluids never had been changed .... Front motor mount was leaking oil , engine missing at low speeds and needed plugs . Battery was 6 years old and not holding a charge very good .. After spending around 4000.00 to bring it up to speed I an now be safe to travel in it .. Gas mileage is about 18-20 in town and almost 24 on highway . I liked the vehicle because it's very comfortable . But the Lexus dealer of cool springs did not prepare it like their inspection said when they did it ... i would never buy from them again because of their dishonesty about the vehicle .. they do not care about their customers safety with any used car they sell..

Questionable

Kevin, 06/12/2019
Leather Group 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the 2012 leather sport model, 81,000 miles, AWD at the beginning of 2019 and I'm the second owner. First week the power steering went out on the highway at 70 mph which almost caused us to crash, it was very unstable on the highway due to rear shocks, replaced them, then all the lights came on saying malfunction of the stabilink system, motor misfiring, no power from the engine, transmission shifting so hard I thought it was going to drop the trannie, dash lit up like a Christmas tree with every light on saying something is wrong including the brakes. Found spark plugs were fowled out and caused the engine to go into limp mode which then causes every system to go hay wire. Reset the computer after replacing the plugs and everything came online no problem and truck was perfect. Then a month later we go on vacation and suddenly on the highway dash lights up again all crazy and display says stabilink malfunction and shut down which we were in the rain at 70 and it caused the truck to start fish tailing when we were driving straight and all the other issues started back in. Luckily we were almost back from the trip and I'm a mechanic. Hooked my scanner up and found #3 cylinder coil pack had failed and the motor went back into limp mode. If you are thinking of purchasing one make sure you have deep pockets or can repair it yourself if not dont buy one because it's one of the most expensive vehicles to fix that are one the road. If i couldn't fix all these things myself I would have thousands and thousands of dollars in repairs.

Great Lease Deal

lasvegasrph, 05/05/2013
Convenience Group 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Took delivery of a 2012 Buick Enclave Convenience FWD in Cyber Grey/Ebony Cloth interior in Oct. 2012. The lease deal was way to good to pass up. Paying $333/mo for a $39,200 SUV with free Onstar, free maint, free XM radio for the whole 24mo lease! The Enclave is BIG, it drives BIG, goes down the road BIG. Power is ample for a heavy SUV and the 6sp automatic shifts very well to get you moving. Its got style, function, and looks. Very QUIET and chews up miles with ease. The MPG could be better (I am getting 17 city and only 20-21 HWY) but its only got 5,000 miles on it. Driver and passenger comfort are great, love the middle captains chairs, and 3rd row is fine for 2 adults or 3 kids.

12345...6