Used 2011 Buick Enclave SUV Consumer Reviews

Used Enclave for Sale
Select your model:
12345...11

Pros
Cons

I never thought I would buy a Buick

2left, 11/15/2010
CXL1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Pros: comfort, ride, quietness, styling, space, utility Cons: gas mileage, needs tighter steering, better visibility out the back. Summary: I had test drove Pilot, MDX, RX350, Sorento, VeraCruz, SantaFe, Highlander, Acadia, Traverse and Edge. For the size, comfort, range, performance, convenience and price, the Enclave stood out among its competiton IMO) - this selection was not only a surprise to me but those who know me as well - particularly since I have been a Honda/Acura person for many years. The Enclave is a very nice car and if I had to do it over again, I would purchase it again.

Smooth, roomy cruiser, hit-or-miss reliability

LMR, 09/14/2017
CXL2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After test driving leading competitors (Mazda CL-7/9, Ford Flex, Audi Q/7, etc.) we settled on the Buick for its superior ride quality and capacious size. I'm a car aficionado and this is the nicest riding vehicle I've owned or driven in. We purchased a 1-yr old 2011 CPO vehicle and until late summer 2017 all was well. The only previous issue was a leaky engine gasket covered under warranty. At our 100k mile check we found: broken engine mount, leaky strut, and HVAC stopped cooling turned out to be a cracked rear AC evap core. Online forums show this was a common issue into 2013 models, and repair costs $1,000 - $1,300 for either front or rear. So at 100k miles we've a $3,500 repair tab. The car has been great to date, but as it ages I'm questioning whether or not we too will begin to experience the transmission problems reported on the forums. PROS: Exceptional ride quality, excellent interior room (more actually than my Tahoe), good safety rating, outstanding traction in wet/snowy conditions, great dealer support CONS: adequate but not exceptional power, GM leather seating quickly shows wear compared to other brands (same happened in my Tahoe & those of friends), weight keeps mileage middle of the pack, tight power train packaging complicates maintenance/repairs (over $300 for spark plug change!?!). Time will tell on continued reliability and eventually resale value of our Buick. It's a great family or road trip vehicle, and overall a positive experience. It might not be the type of vehicle you keep beyond 100k miles

Best in It's Class

rvanparys, 06/19/2011
CXL1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We wanted to move from our minivan to something more compatible with our long NW winters. After many weeks of in depth research we finally decided on a GMC Acadia. The dealership also featured Buicks. After test driving both my wife and I came to the conclusion that the Buick outshown the Acadia in fit and finish and overall quietness and ride. I found the car responsive and while it will never be the first one away from the starting line, it does have the requisite power on demand to pass safely. The ride is exceptional as is the quietness. Both of these were prime concerns for my wife. The interior is well laid out and materials above average. I would highly recommend this car

scary

staugustine1, 08/13/2013
CXL1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my Buick for about two and a half years now and love just about everything about it. It is comfortable, responsive, hold lots of people and things. My only concern is about six months ago my "service air bag" light came on. So I promptly took it to the dealer where they had it for several days and repaired the faulty piece. While I was there I asked the service tech if the airbags would still work if the light was on and he told me NONE of the airbags would have worked in a crash. The light came back on again today so I am bringing it back to the dealership to have it fixed for a second time. This is not some thing that I find acceptable in a 2 1/2 year old car.

Good MPG for it's size

kb5868, 05/13/2014
CXL2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2011 Enclave with only 20k miles after my lease was up on my 2012 Infiniti EX35. My Enclave gets a consistent 17 mpg in town compared to 15 mpg for the EX. It is easily twice the size of the Infiniti, the primary reason for not getting another EX lease - no one could fit in the back seat! So, for a vehicle that is nearly as large as my Yukon Denali, I'm fairly impressed with the gas mileage. everyone has their opinions, but I was puzzled by all the comments about how 2-3 mpg was bankrupting people that bought $45k cars and were considering $60k cars with better MPG to make up the difference. Different econ class than I had in high school I guess...LOL!

12345...11