Used 2011 Buick Enclave SUV Consumer Reviews - 48 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Buick Enclave SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

Many great road trips in this SUV
By Angel

2011 Buick Enclave SUV CXL1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My kids grew up in this car. Very comfortable on all of the road trips we took from 2011 thru 2017. Time to sell it now. We drove the entire Northeast of America. Bucket seats, entertainment system and roominess helped u keep the peace on the long trips. My wife loved it so much that she replaced it with another Buick (Envision).

Big reliable
By Jack Barber

2011 Buick Enclave SUV CXL2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Very reliable. Not real nimble. Good value.

When better cars are built, Buick will build them
By Gary Stroup

2011 Buick Enclave SUV CXL1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Buick continues to build cars with comfort, safety, and quality!

Love my Enclave
By C. Hall

2011 Buick Enclave SUV CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

As a "big" person, the only problem I've had with this 2011 Enclave was the driver's seat base. It has separated at the seam and I can't get it to snap back into place. One of the mechanics at the dealership told me it's happened before to all types of sized people he knows and it couldn't be fixed. Other than that, I haven't had a problem with this car. I love my car. But since it's over 7 yrs old, I'm ready for a new one since I'll be doing a bit more driving these days. I'm hoping to get another Enclave.

Smooth, roomy cruiser, hit-or-miss reliability
By LMR

2011 Buick Enclave SUV CXL2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After test driving leading competitors (Mazda CL-7/9, Ford Flex, Audi Q/7, etc.) we settled on the Buick for its superior ride quality and capacious size. I'm a car aficionado and this is the nicest riding vehicle I've owned or driven in. We purchased a 1-yr old 2011 CPO vehicle and until late summer 2017 all was well. The only previous issue was a leaky engine gasket covered under warranty. At our 100k mile check we found: broken engine mount, leaky strut, and HVAC stopped cooling turned out to be a cracked rear AC evap core. Online forums show this was a common issue into 2013 models, and repair costs $1,000 - $1,300 for either front or rear. So at 100k miles we've a $3,500 repair tab. The car has been great to date, but as it ages I'm questioning whether or not we too will begin to experience the transmission problems reported on the forums. PROS: Exceptional ride quality, excellent interior room (more actually than my Tahoe), good safety rating, outstanding traction in wet/snowy conditions, great dealer support CONS: adequate but not exceptional power, GM leather seating quickly shows wear compared to other brands (same happened in my Tahoe & those of friends), weight keeps mileage middle of the pack, tight power train packaging complicates maintenance/repairs (over $300 for spark plug change!?!). Time will tell on continued reliability and eventually resale value of our Buick. It's a great family or road trip vehicle, and overall a positive experience. It might not be the type of vehicle you keep beyond 100k miles