Used 1998 BMW Z3 Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Z3 model:

we love this car
By John Lanza

1998 BMW Z3 1.9 2dr Convertible

My wife and I took our 1998 Z cross country and back racking up about 8500 miles. the ride was awesome the gas mileage was between 30 and 39 mpg and the handling was spectacular! Took it on the Dragon's Tail and had the time of our lives. We love this car and with proper maintenance we look forward to more trips like this for years to come.

Great little sports car
By Gilbert Grape

1998 BMW Z3 1.9 2dr Convertible

When you get in this be prepared for a ride like Tom Cruise in Top Gun. Listen to the engine, don't look at the tachometer, and watch your speed. The sound system is okay but not great. In town I don't usually even turn it on unless I'm in 4th gear or 5th gear on the highway. It's a fun car for weekends and road trips but does have limited trunk space.

1998 Z3 1.9 Purchased in 2017
By E. Morris

1998 BMW Z3 1.9 2dr Convertible

What a HOOT!!! It's got 160K miles on it. I purchased it as a "toy" and not a daily driver (although I find myself driving it more often than not). I'm 6'3" and about 260 and I have ZERO problems fitting into the car!! Now, I will say that because I'm "long waisted" in that most of my height is from my waist up...with the top up I have to crane my neck to keep from bashing my head on the convertible top...but with the top down? NO problem!! I certainly would recommend one if you find one that's clean. Used prices are MUCH cheaper than Honda S2000's. The performance on the 1.9 is lackluster but it's in essence a motorcycle engine!! Buy you a Bimmer!! The Z3 is fun to drive!! Even with a 5 speed!!!

The day I bought my Z3
By Pete Hadler

1998 BMW Z3 1.9 2dr Convertible

I bought it in 1998. If I had a choice I would without a doubt do it again!!! when I pulled in our drive, my neighbors ran over and ask if I had won the Lottery! I did not tell them That the total price out the door from the dealership tax etc etc was $30,040.00. l loved the car then and I still do. I am am 81 years old and my Z3 is 19 years old. Pete Hadler Requested Update - I took the Z3 out two days ago on May 7. We had two feet of snow with ten foot drifts several weeks ago! We live in Northern Wisconsin ten miles from the U.P. This was the latest that I every took my first drive of the Spring!! It is so much fun to drive a great handling automobile!! I enjoy driving the Z3 as much as I did twenty years ago! It is a great automobile. It's color is Atlantic Blue and is the same as The James Bond Car in the movie in 1998.

What A Ride!!!
By T Mc

1998 BMW Z3 2.8 2dr Convertible

Bought this used about five years ago. No... REPEAT NO mechanic issues to date. Enjoyable drive, sharp look. In short, I'd buy this car over and over again.

Head turning style