2018 BMW X6 SUV Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 BMW X6 SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X6 model:

Amazing Vehicle!
By Dboooo

2018 BMW X6 SUV xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

Now I know that the X6 is more or less hated in the car reviewing community, and I can see why. But after having one for a while, I can tell you that it has grown on me immensely. If you are deciding between this and the GLE Coupe, this is the much better option.

Love my X6
By Lyn381

2018 BMW X6 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Bought a 2018 CPO. Traded 2015 X5. This car is fun if you don't need to haul people or things. Acceleration is great, I love leaving drivers at the light. Sport drive turns the odometer area red. This car can go. I get a lot of stares and compliments. Best vehicle I have ever owned!!

BMW X-5 2018 XDrive 50-wolf inside a sheep!
By DR FREDRICKSON

2018 BMW X6 SUV xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

Originally I was looking at the X-6 as I had a X-5 back in 2007 that I drove for nearly 5 years-longest vehicle I have owned and driven! As I usually get bored and trade every 2-3 years. When I saw the X-6 the lines were nice but the hatchback style was a turn off for me. Then they brought out a white pearl 2018 X-5 that was loaded and when I drove it felt better than I remembered as to ride, quietness in the cabin, controls layout. Personally I have never had a problem w/BMW's control dial. Now you just speak and it does what you ask! The X-5 w/xdrive and the 465bhp twin turbo V-8 provide all the oomph you want from a dead stop. I went on YouTube and a regular X-5 V-8 w/the M options-same as mine was rocketing off from a dead stop faster than an X-6M class. I knew there was no way the X-5 w/the V-8 could out pace the X-6M and after about 6 failed attempts from the X-6M driver- the X-5 driver finally started them both off again and told the X-6M driver how to set his launch control. Then it was over. The 550 +bhp M class X-6 shot out front and the X-5 stayed close to about 80mph and then the X-6M opened up a huge gap. I do not need 550+bhp (would I like it? you betcha!) but I am not going to be challenging any M class BMW's as the X-5 is decked out w/all the options I wanted including the various M class upgrades but it is still a BMW X-5 Xdrive w/a twin turbo V-8 and that is just fine by me. The vehicle is glued to the road. Cornering is nearly like being in a high end sports car- as you can feel the the suspension taking the cornering in stride and adjusting accordingly. With the Xdrive you do not 'burn rubber'- you take off! Dodge Ram trucks w/the semi v-8 -Ford Raptor's are in your rearview before they knew what happened. The 2018 X-5 is not a racing or track SUV but it certainly sends you off and down the road quicker than you anticipated! The rear tires a sight to behold! The front of the X-5 is 76" wide, the rear of the X-5 w/the twin turbo V-8 is 86" wide! Those huge fat tires on the back end would provide one heck of a launch if you chose to do that as it does have launch control in the Sport ++ setting. I will not even think of trying that until I have 1,000 fairly pampered miles on it-the owner's manual says '200 miles and after you can do launch control' but it is a real wear activity for your vehicle and I would not recommend it more than a half dozen times a year-if you plan on keeping your vehicle past the 4 years of warranty. Very impressive and greatly improved from my 2007. All the various adjustments that come w/the M option include the 20 way adjustable seats so you can have the bolsters on the sides hug you and you feel firmly planted in your seat. And the looks of that metallic pearl white, the rumble of the factory exhaust, those beautiful rear tires-causes fellow drivers to really eyeball your vehicle. Sweet ride, excellent performance, outstanding sound system that I can hook my iPod up to; BMW made a superb SUV in the 2018 X-5 w/Xdrive to the point where you want to go the long way or find a reason to head to anywhere as on the highway it is so quiet...no wind noise at 100mph and it just wants to cruise at 80+ mph! No third row seat(yeah!!) unless you order it. Have fun driving responsibly and enjoy the panoramic roof!