Used 2009 BMW X6 SUV Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used X6 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

X6 3.5i and 5.0i Sport

CARDEALER, 06/26/2009
xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

As owner of a car dealership I have the advantage of driving everything available in South Africa. So we owned a Q7 and a Range Rover Sport amongst others. We own a 2008 X6 3.5i sport and loved the driving comfort, handling and general driving pleasure so much that I just bought myself a X6 5.0i sport. For me, being a lover of sport cars, this is the real deal. It's like owning a sports car on steroids. We agree out of all cars we enjoy these two cars the most! So, wife drives one and I drive one, because not much else appeals so much. So, no matter what people say about the looks, fuel consumption and so on, go drive the thing and you will be hooked too. Happy driving!

Best Bimmer Ever

doctorevil1, 03/01/2011
xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

Have driven many BMWs, Porsches, etc. This is the best combo of sport, fun, function, power, looks, and exclusivity. Practical? I coach baseball and this car handles all my gear. Having had many sport sedans includeing 535, 335, etc, somehow this car handles better and feels more aggressive. Ride is comfy, but torque and turn-in are there when you want some. Cabin is like a 7 series, the environment is truly sublime on a freezing day within about 30 seconds of ignition.

Great Car - Eats Gas

KCnSprock2, 07/30/2009
xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Handles really well and is extremely comfortable, with room for kids, dog and luggage. Great family car with a lot more sport than an SUV, previously had an X5 and this blows the X5 away. Downside is that it eats gas voraciously. Highly recommend for low mileage driver - not an everyday commuter car unless you like supporting the local gas station.

Life Saver

SalesAgent, 04/26/2010
xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased my 2009 BMW X6 last November and drove it all thru the winter season. I put at least 25k miles on a year so comfort was a huge decision-maker when I decided on the X6. No complaints other than expensive tired to replace when you get a nail in one...but they look incredible. This vehicle did save my life as I was hit head on going 45MPH on a state highway. While the vehicle was totaled, it held up tremendously with only a few bumps and bruises from the accident. I will only buy BMW from this date forward. I am currently waiting for a new BMW X6 to arrive.

Oil Leaks at 80,000 miles and huge $5,000 to fix

Tom, 01/27/2020
xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I love this car so it was disappointing to get oil leaks, the cost to fix is $5000. I hate that this happen at 85,00 miles but this is a common problem on BMWs, i recommend getting rid of it before you start paying alot of fixes