Used 2015 BMW X3 SUV Consumer Reviews

$22,425

Used X3 for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Affordable to Buy, not so affordable to keep

cterry66, 09/18/2019
xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I bought a used 2015 X3 with about 40K on it. I think the previous owner decided to trade it in after the no longer offered 4 year warranty expired. It was in good shape and drove very nicely and we wanted AWD so we bought it. I am a DIY guy so what I have learned is even the simplest of repairs turn out to be complicated because there is always some code that has to be reset on the cars computer before the new parts will perform properly. This includes the battery, spark plugs, brake pads, etc. Parts, even non OEM parts are pricey. For example, a new battery was $200 plus $100 to have an independent repair shop reprogram the computer. Any way, we are going to trade this vehicle in and get a newer Japanese SUV before anything else goes wrong on the BMW.

Only one problem with this car

Bob Coco, 06/15/2016
xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

The X3 is my second BMW, the other being a 330 CI. Absolutely love everything about this car with one major exception - the stereo flat out sucks. A car in this price range should come standard with a high end sound system. My 2003 330 has the Harmon Kardon upgraded stereo which is very good but the standard system on my 2015 X3 stinks. The stereo in my Honda Accord is actually better.

Top of the class

Polestar, 03/30/2020
xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Purchased car in February 2018 for approx. $27K. It still had 17 months of bumper to bumper and maintenance warranty on it, however was no a CPO. When I originally decided I would buy an SUV, I purchased a 2015 Subaru Outback. I really wanted to like it. However, I owned it for less than a month! Just no fun to drive, loud and a power (2.5 liter) performance of a minivan. I'd owned a Toyota Rav 4 previously and they were like driving a truck, so I didn't test drive a new one. I did test drive a Mazda CX-5 and expected to like it. Before I left the dealers lot, I knew it was not for me. Next, Hyundai Tucson with 1.6 turbo. Liked it, but not enough. Was all set to drive the Audi Q5, but some how it never happened. Didn't matter. Once I test drove the 2015 X3 Xdrive28i, I was sold. Drives like a car and handles like a proper German car. Oh! You have to trash the run-flat tires, in my opinion. They make the ride stiff and handling is only mediocre (but for a BMW, that's great.) Through some Michelin Primacy on and purchased an electric pump with sealant. Fantastic upgrade..

Worst BMW/Owner experience ever

Peter Wadsworth, 08/31/2019
xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Lots of road noise. Horrible ride over rough surfaces. Thumps and other noises that can't be located. Front end had to be reworked to the tune of $1700 at 57k miles. At latest inspection (75k miles) several lights needed to e replaced to the tune of $1500. Neither was covered by CPO warranty. Also the leather steering wheel has begun to delaminate - no dealer solution other than to replace the steering wheel at my expense. I've owned 6 BMWs, but this will be my last. I've owned over 20 cars in my life. This has been the worst ever owner experience

Great reliable premium SUV

Rogerio R., 03/24/2017
sDrive28i 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Execent SUV. It's a very reliable, luxury, confortable, spacious and fun ride to drive. An excelent quality interior materials. Only its gas mileage is not so good even on Eco mode, which I use most of the times.