Skip to main content

6 reviews

Pricing

Edmunds suggests you pay
$69,622

We have a limited number of reviews for the 2023 M4, so we've included reviews for other years of the M4 since its last redesign.

Pros
Cons
    5 out of 5 stars

Corvette? Really?

Dr. GT, 04/29/2021
    2021 BMW M4 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Just traded in my 2019 C-7 for a 2021 M-4. I wanted similar performance but more space. Not disappointed! Corvettes are high performance, race cars. This is a refined, 4 person, high performance/elegant/ high tech coupe. C-7 Corvette would beat this car in any race or track. You can’t beat americans oldest formula for power...Displacement! But this is a beautiful, fun to drive coupe! And much bigger than the Corvette. Also I got the M4 manual version, which is a blast to drive. People complain about the looks, I love it! You can’t go wrong with this car, and it fits 4 comfortably.

Insane insane

Tommy H, 08/17/2022
    2022 BMW M4 Competition xDrive 2dr Convertible AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Cars better than expected. 1000% recommend

5 out of 5 stars

Lots of power, tons of torque, Lots of fun

Scottstaph, 02/03/2023
    2023 BMW M4 Competition xDrive 2dr Convertible AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Supercar performance for half the price. Pro -Good looking interior Pro - Aggressive exterior Pro - Fun to drive Con- Complex drive settings & Infotainment center Con - Front grill takes a little to get used too.

Not what I expected.

Bill L, 01/12/2023
    2023 BMW M4 Competition xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

The car is and drives big. I ordered the car, competition xdrive. The road feel is lacking compared to Porsche, build quality is also behind peers. Love the acceleration, but the feel just isn't there. I was disappointed the 12V socket would not work with my escort radar, but will with uniden. I contacted dealer, and they said they have seen the problem before, but no fix ( sounds like GM dealer response, I expected more out of BMW). I am selling the car, it just lacks soul.

Stellar looks and value.

Rivak Hoffman, 05/09/2023
    2023 BMW M4 Competition xDrive 2dr Convertible AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I stumbled upon the new 2023 M4 Competition X drive convertible while finalizing the purchase of a 2023 BMW 850 X drive Convertible. The attraction was the usable backseat of the M4, versus the cramped unusable rear seat of the 850. Both gorgeous cars, but the M4 won my heart for many reasons. 1. Smaller size but comparable to a 5 series. 2. The M4 is a real M car, unlike the 850. 3. Unlike others, I prefer the bigger grill on the M4, vs the same old grill on the 850! And last but not least, the M4 had a much better comfortable ride than the 850. The M4 is a beast when you want it to be, can can also serve as a comfortable classy daily driver. I can’t say enough about the 2023 M4 Competition X drive. And finally, I don’t think the steering is numb as others state. I also own a 2022 Porsche Cayman S, which has a reputation for tactile steering. Both feel the same to me.