Used 2015 BMW M4 Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific M4 model:

Top of my Bucket list
By Jack Van Dyken

2015 BMW M4 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is a blast to drive! I was going to settle for a less expensive smaller engine and I would have been very disappointed. The hard top convertible works well is very quit with the top up or down. It looks great and handles great. I am very happy with my purchase.

Driving on Rails
By Donald G

2015 BMW M4 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Amazing performance vehicle - to best appreciate this vehicle, you need to attend a BMW M4 diving school

Not quite the ultimate
By Tj188

2015 BMW M4 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

The design is killer and performance is great. The navigation is poor. Voice command does not recognize my speech. The nav is not at all intuitive. I have a GMC Sierra and the nav beats the BMW hands down. The drive settings should default to how they were last set.steering adjustment should be electronic. The process for turning the vehicle off is cumbersome at best. I’ll never figure out the benefit of the key fob-design a place for it in the vehicle.

So many annoying things.. BMW, when will you learn
By Stefan P

2015 BMW M4 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I am driving the 2015 model. The more I drive it the less I like it. As many professional reviewers have noted, the engine sounds really unpleasant. The shifter can be infuriating esp. changing between forward and reverse is very slow and requires the driver to engage the brake pedal for a significant amount of time. The navigation system is laughable (in the age of Google Maps). Sometimes I still use it but don't put your car in reverse after you entered your destination. The backup camera will come on and wipe out your destination entry. As for the backup camera: horrible contrast and low light performance (where does BMW even buy such low quality components). One of the most annoying things is that you cannot lock the car when you park it in Neutral (hard to believe but true). You have to turn the engine back on and put it in Drive, then get back out and lock it. If you leave it in Neutral it will sit unlocked, completely drain its battery and go dead in a matter of hours.

After 1 year, still love the M4
By Scott B

2015 BMW M4 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

First, the performance of the car is best experienced on a track. I've taken my M4 to a few tracks in the area, and it is unbelievable how well it performs. I have the DCT transmission, and I know most enthusiasts would frown upon that (eg not a manual gearbox), but it's amazing what the DCT does and how it performs especially on the track. I doubt you can truly appreciate it on normal streets. No mechanical issues or problems with the car after the first year. Only performed the regularly scheduled maintenance. No interior issues (eg things breaking like handles/knobs). I did get a "wandering eye" as I was curious about the MB C63 AMG and Alfa Romeo Giulia. I struggle with reliability of MB and still waiting to hear more on the Giulia. The only thing that bothers me, a little, is that I wish the M4 had a better exhaust note. I will say that the one best piece advice I had heard was this: "if you don't plan to take the M4 to the track, consider purchasing the 4 series."