2020 BMW M2 Coupe Consumer Reviews

Select your model:

Spicy Enchilada of a Car

Chuck, 09/26/2020
Competition 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I've owned all sorts of sports cars. Literally a few dozen in 45 years of driving. This is my favorite of the bunch. It has so much power that you are never wanting for acceleration. If you are so inclined, you can drift the car controllably anytime you want. The handling is excellent (though I do notice a little squirm from the tires at times). You never feel like you aren't in control. It is very stiff - but on reasonably smooth roads it's great. On smooth roads it's sublime. For a small coupe it's spacious enough, very comfortable, and has very generous storage in the trunk (and the rear seat folds down). Looks are great in my opinion - muscular with bulging fender wells. I opted for the DCT and don't regret it - it makes a great commuter car. It has M-drive settings so you can custom tailor shift points, exhaust opening, etc. The exhaust can be raucous if you open the valves, so it's nice to be able to close them and keep the noise down. With the transmission set to shift at low revs and the exhaust valves close, it becomes a semi-luxury car. Smooth, relatively quiet, and unobtrusive. But raise shift setting to the highest of the 3 and open the exhaust valves and it rips and wails. Unlike the first gen M2, this one has the real M motor (S55), real M mirrors, real M leather on the seats, etc. Also has the carbon fiber strut tower brace which just looks great. Negatives are there - it is a little jerky in stop and go driving at times (put it in the mildest settings for best operation in traffic), gas mileage is not terrific (I average about 22 MPG even with significant steady state highway driving), and there are some rattles here and there, likely due to the stiff suspension. The infotainment system is much better than the earlier Beemers, but still weird in places. Phone integration is pretty good and Apple Car Play is well integrated (I have the Executive Package as well which is worth the extra). All in all a wonderful performance car that has some exclusivity. I rarely see another one when I'm driving.

Best Coupe currently available

David Mold, 04/24/2021
Competition 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

By far, the design, styling, handling and performance go without question for this BMW. My first year driving has been limited but the times when the vehicle has been on the road has been exceptional. I’ve previously own an e-46 ZHP for 15 years before deciding on buying this new M2 Competition. My wait was well worth it. It will probably be my last gasoline car, but I will keep this for a very long time. Interior design is very spacious as I’m 6’2” so comfort is needed. Material and fitment is of high standard, well worth the 58K I paid for it which was a deal at that time. If you have the means to pick one up do so, they are so choice...

Feisty and well rounded sports coupe

Carcrazy , 06/12/2021
Competition 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I’ve been driving for 3 1/2 decades and have been fortunate enough to have driven hundreds of different vehicles and owned a few dozen vehicles including 2 AMGs, 3 Porsches, a Lotus, 6 M cars, etc. The M2 C is one of my all time favorites. It’s a great all arounder. Comfortable for daily use but still fun and feels special if you “jump on it”. It is a amazing amount of vehicle, even better when you factor in price. Personally I choose the 6 speed manual option and have no regrets. Only a handful of people other than me have driven it but it never fails to impress.

Makes driving exciting

Jorge Parrales, 07/08/2021
Competition 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

It’s a pleasure always looking forward to getting behind the wheel of my BMW M2.