Used 2004 BMW 6 Series Convertible Consumer Reviews - 36 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 BMW 6 Series Convertible Consumer Reviews

645Ci 4.4L V8 6-speed Manual - (36 reviews )

This is my second 645 Ci ! I LOVE IT!
By BFLONY2

2004 BMW 6 Series Convertible 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

You should know you're going to have a timeless classic that is the best driving car you will ever own! Just drive one; any one. You will want it and make it happen if you're lucky. It is perfectly designed and balanced with flawless road manners. My mouth waters, thinking of it. I keep it in storage for the Buffalo Winters. My first one, I had on the road for occasional winter driving and it was fine.

Love my Bimmer - But I'm a hands-on owner
By Ken Allewelt

2004 BMW 6 Series Convertible 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Unless you have deep (very deep) pockets, or are comfortable doing routine maintenance on a high-tech vehicle, the 645ci probably isn't your best choice unless you're able to purchase an extended warranty. I drove a 1984 633csi for about 20 years -- thoroughly loved the car. When work required more travel, I upgraded to the 2004 645ci. I was able to pick one up a 2-owner with 85,000 miles for right around $13K. Financed through the credit union and added a $3,200 3-yr/36K bumper to bumper warranty; total price $16.5K or so. (warranty paid for itself the first trip to the shop when the transmission started leaking -- $5,300 expense; I had to pay a $100 deductible). The Bimmer is a FANTASTIC touring car on the road and fun to drive around town... Has plenty of power and a beautiful and unmistakable design.

This is the best BMW I have ever driven
By Smoove

2004 BMW 6 Series Convertible 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased my first BMW in 1987, a BMW 325is. Since then I have owned a BMW 528i, 328i convertible, 1988 M6, 540i, 745Li and now I own a 2004 BMW 645ci Convertible. I will tell you this as a prior BMW owner this is the best BMW I have ever owned. I love this car so much I can't bring my self to even drive it in the rain. I only have 14,000 miles on the car. This car turns heads, causes other vehicles horns to blow and lights to flash when approaching. My Lady always wants to a company me in the passenger’s seat. She's is nobody's fool. She knows wherever this car goes there is a lot of attention given and she enjoys being apart of it. This is truly an Ultimate Driving Machine.

It's a BMW, the ultimate driving machine!

Slow down on the productions This car is truly one to Keep.

Beware "the convertible roof"
By John - Los Altos

2004 BMW 6 Series Convertible 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Love to drive my 645 when the roof works which is not very often over the last year. BMW can't fix it after 4 attempts on my nickel and I can no longer afford these repair bills. Like some women, this car looks absolutely terrific, but don't even think about getting too close. It'll cost you! There are other cars out there that are a joy to drive, do the right thing - buy a coupe!

The lines are beautiful, interior is comfortable, and it drives like a true BMW.

Please fix the convertible roof so it works after 2 years. Correct the engine lag when in manual or don't offer a manual mode.

Too much fun in the sun
By NC6Driver

2004 BMW 6 Series Convertible 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

This car is not the best in any category, there are better looking, faster, cheaper, whatever the category. But as a package, this car is the one to take out on a winding road on a Saturday afternoon. Or you can just drop the top and actually enjoy your drive to work, as I do. It has all the power you need to be pushing well to the right side of 100 by the end of the average on ramp. It sticks to corners like glue. And yet is behaved enough to not look like you are finally living out your high school fantasy - even if that is exactly really what you're doing.

Big 8 has lots of compression, makes downshifting the auto a lot of fun to use when attacking the corners. Something you can't do with a smaller engine. And it has just the right level of engine growl to make going under overpasses or tunnels make you grin real wide.

Surface more basic controls. iDrive really isn't all that bad. But being able to adjust vent levels easier while driving is harder than it needs be. I miss the real time mpg readings. The car can achieve decent mileage if you behave yourself. Behaving yourself if just the hard part.