2021 BMW 5 Series Consumer Reviews

$54,200

Save as much as $2,567
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Amazing Quality and Powertrain

Jeff, 03/23/2021
540i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 8A)

Definitely not a sporty car. If you want that, get a 3-series. That's not to say you can't have fun it it, it has a lot of power and has a great engine. But it is first and foremost a luxury cruiser geared towards comfort. If that is what you are looking for, this is the best in the business.

Best automobile I've driven

James , 09/23/2020
M550i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

I have a 2021 M550i. Extraordinary car. The comfort factor in this car is the very best I've experienced. The variability of seat adjustments is incredible. I have had 13 herniated discs and never have I found a more variable adjustable seat, nor massage modes. The power (523hp) is insane for a car in this sector. Acceleration is phenomenal and curves are super smooth. I don't have the driving skills for an M5, or a Porsche, due to spine issues, but this car is perfect for me. I ordered every extra except the 'use the key fob to park the car'. Driving this car is a sublime experience - power, acceleration, solid stance cornering, comfort (the seat adjustability is endless), audio (the Bowers and Wilkens audio is the best I have heard in a car), and pure luxurious fun of driving is incredible. It's far better than the Audi S6 or MB AMG E53 that I also test drove. I love idrive version 7, although miss Google Skyview that I had in my 2018 Audi S5 that I traded. I had a '20 Audi S6 ordered, and canceled due to terrible sales communication. So glad the Audi deal fell apart - the M550i is a superior driving experience, and the rotary dial user interface in the Beem is far better than the multiple touchscreens in the Audi. MB user interface in the E series is terrible

My Dub!

Jason , 12/14/2020
530i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Car is smooth and sexy! Rides like a dream! Love the color trim package could have been a little better no seat warmers I was shocked! The rest is top notch though

Something Different

Al2, 07/08/2021
530i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

This is my first BMW. Coming from the Cadillac Brand I decided to do something different. So far I am pleased with the operation and handling of the 5 series. Asked me again after 6 months and a few trips.

4 out of 5 stars

One issue with my 2021 M550i....

JBarieMD, 03/29/2021
M550i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

Has anyone found that the shifter fails to respond.while the car is "determined to STAY IN PARK. I occasionally have to turn off the engine, and restart the car to keep it in drive. Very frustrating esp. when cars behind you are being blocked because you can't move...This event has occurred 3 times in the past 3 mos.