Used 2012 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

I'm from Detroit, and i love this car
By Matt

2012 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

In the past, I have been dissuaded from buying a BMW because of connotations of being expensive to buy new (or used), costly to repair, and unreliable in general. Now that ive owned a used one for 3 years now, i attribute this incorrect information to growing up and living Detroit. I have a 328i with all the options and i gotta say it is Awesome. We got a great price on it. When it needs service, which we've had a couple oil services, brake service, and some very minor other recommended preventative services, we got prices comparable to our other cars that are manufactured in Japan or USA. These were all quoted at the dealer to be way too expensive. However, we are very lucky to have found a garage that services BMWs for 1/3 the price of tbe dealer. We just paid off the loan, and i gotta say that every month i paid for this car gave me a second to reflect on our purchase, and i have never had one regret. This is by far the second best car ive ever owned ( the first best was a 1990 Toyota Pickup with 300,000 miles, and super cheap to repair). It has 83,000 miles on it with no issues. Its very comfortable. It is very fun to drive. It looks cool. Im thrilled to have so many options. Going from my 90 Toyota Pickup w roll-down windows to the BMW is like entering a spaceship. The only issues we've had with it is the windshield wiper fluid pump getting clogged and the sunroof weather stripping seal coming off. I dont consider this a big deal at all. This may be the last BMW we buy only because of the gas mileage, but we are thrilled to own this car now and will do our best to keep it for the life of the vehicle, maybe even 300,000 miles.

2012 BMW 328I convertible
By Lorenzo Diaz

2012 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This particular model has no issues the vehicle handles and performs great.

Drives Like a Dream
By Terry Dorr

2012 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Reasonably priced vehicle that drives like a dream. However, the car's blind spots create a lack of visibility that can be scary when I forget to take extra care to turn and look, not just rely on my mirrors. Many of the electronics are unnecessarily duplicated, which I found annoying. Having problems with engine light, parking lights and door locks, all because of electrical issues. Still, when you step on the gas or the brakes, take a curve or pass another car, you can trust that you will get where you're going with ease.

M3's little brother
By Frank Bodoni

2012 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This car was a pleasure to drive but what really disappointed me was the trade in value. Now this car was in perfect condition with 31,000 miles on it with a sticker price close to $60,000!!!! The dealer on trade offered me less than $10,000. I will never buy a BMW again.

Brilliant BMW 328i convertible
By Richard Vaughan

2012 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Check rear shocks.