Used 2007 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 352 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Awesome to drive; expensive to own
By Sue

2007 BMW 3 Series 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is awesome to drive, albeit the lag on acceleration is annoying. I have never owned a car that is more fun to drive. The MAJOR problem is the cost of ownership and reliability. This car is ALWAYS in the shop and the repairs are extremely expensive. Just dumped the car on trade-in for under market (at 65,000 mi) just to get rid of it. Was driving a rental because I didn’t trust the car. It is the “ultimate driving machine” when it’s not in the shop, but spent most of the time driving a loaner. I will NEVER buy another BMW.

2007 BMW 335i Coupe nice try but misses
By Steven

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

In May of 2007 I bought this car new at a shade under $50000, with premium package, sport package, 6 speed manual and navigation. The car was reliable up until 70000 or 80000 miles. It has 138000 miles now in August 2018, and the last few years has seen myriads of problems creep up. The N54 twin turbo is a great performing engine yet very expensive to replace turbos. BMW extended the warranty on these for 8 yrs total and/or 82000 miles. Mine have now malfunctioned and the estimated cost is $5000-$7000. That is an absurd price for repair. I have the Dinan Stage 3 performance upgrades installed by my local dealer for about $8500 at perhaps 45000 miles. Perfect match of engine with chassis for this car. The Stage 3 included an oil cooler, larger intercooler, ECU Flash with higher performance mapping, and suspension tweaks. The exhaust is changed to a less restrictive raspy note burble that sounds awesome. I have liked this car very much but upkeep and high repair costs with low resale value are to BMW's detriment. The interior is spartan and the leather cheap for a $50000 sport coupe. The electronics for 2007 were lagging with only an AUX line in and not a single USB port. The switchgear and simple controls like for AC vents are very cheap and break easily. OEM replacements are the only option and are expensive. Overall 3/5, with 5/5 performance and thrill to drive.

i'm attached to my 335I
By omid

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

i've had my 335 for a while , i did over spent to keep it up and maintaining it ,thing like intake cleaning(walnut blast) ,fuel injector failed ion me,ox censored failed,changed the struts and shocks on my car after 90k miles ,all that ,still drives like brand new bmw and solid stable safe car,the perfumance i'm getting on thid model is like real sport car high maintance according to avg spender but obviously it's not a toyota or honda ,for what you getting out of it it's not much.

Do not purchase a used BMW
By T Roberts

2007 BMW 3 Series 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Many things shoppers should know about a 3 series BMW before purchasing one. All my adult like I have wanted a BMW, so last year I purchased a used one 2007 238xi. I have had many problems with this vehicle since I purchased it, and it has costed me over $2,000.00. I have had two recalls on this BMW, and the dealer told me that they do not know how to repair the recalls. I was told that as soon as they find a solution they would let me know. I have waiting for about six months and they have not call me yet. Gas mileage on this vehicle is very poor. Things that I had to have repaired is : Oil pan gaskets,windshield washer neck filler replaced, broken gas meter replaced ,transfer case motor replaced, radiator sensor replaced,and the replacement of the gas tank. I have purchased over ten used vehicles in my life time, this BMW is the worst car that I have ever owned. I have told family and friends not to purchase a BMW, its one of the worst cars on the market. I plan to get rid of my BMW ASAP.

Amazing sporty fun to drive wagon
By Loco29

2007 BMW 3 Series 328xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a small low to the ground car. Not for my 250 lb son or my 6’ husband, but they both drive it in a pinch. The steering brakes and engine are performance perfect. Very fast off the line. Totally solid and stable at 80 mph. Drives like a little tank in snow. Manual transmission is fun and handy in unpredictable conditions. Love that the seats can fold back and the back window opens to carry long things like fishing poles. Double sized sun roof somewhat appeases my desire for air and sun. Infrequent but expensive repairs. My dealer proved themselves to be kind and service oriented but untrustworthy on the need for some repairs, especially once I ran out of warranty. Good mechanics who work on German cars can be found and the charges are reasonable. This car has over 100,000 miles and is 10 years old and still some riding guests claim they thought it was new!