Used 2006 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 453 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

250,000+ miles still runs strong, best car ever!
By tom

2006 BMW 3 Series 325xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Literally the absolute best, most reliable car I've ever owned. 250,000 + miles on the odometer, with only wear items ever needing replacement. Less troublesome than my wife's Subaru with half the mileage and 10 years newer. BMW knocked it out of the ballpark with the E90, mine is equipped with the 6-speed manual, which is a dream. I plan on taking the car to 300k.

Best car I've ever had!
By Rhonda

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Hand's down this has been the most reliable car I've had. I've been driving it nine years, put over 100k miles on it, and only routine maintenance and repairs in those years. It's stylish, has good visibility, and great trunk space storage. Gas mileage is pretty good for a 6 cyl automatic, highway mileage is really good. I've really enjoyed this car.

They Just Don't Make 'em Like This Anymore.
By Mike Crenshaw

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

When it comes to driving fun and performance, this car still rocks! It performs superbly in every regard, even after 135,000 miles. Unlike today's 4-cylinder, turbo charged versions, this car has six cylinders that still beg for a workout. The only downside has been the breakdown (and rather expensive replacement) of hoses, gaskets, pumps, etc., that support the high-compression engine. When this started happening I was thinking I should have traded the car in, but now I'm glad I kept it. It still runs like a charm and all the important items - i.e., engine, transmission and AC - are still in excellent condition. At this point I'm thinking it will be a great car to hand down to my grandchildren who might not otherwise get to experience what cars used to mean to enthusiastic drivers.

DONT DO IT
By Over it

2006 BMW 3 Series 325xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I brought this car in 1/17 and had nothing but problems. 1st someone side swiped my RED BMW. that cost 950 . after my car being in the shop for a week two days after I got it back it just stop working. took it for service at BMW of Catonsville and not only was the service crappy it will extremely over price. My starter needed to be replace and battery which cost 2200. A week later my car started over heating and when I called BMW back they said it's not there problem. so I warning you they look nice but my experience has been horrible as an owner.

This whip is a stunner!
By Terri

2006 BMW 3 Series 330Ci 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Busted water hose.