Used 2016 BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series Gran Turismo model:

car is not what I expected
By r del

2016 BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo 328i xDrive SULEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

no value after sale

Totally love my GT!!
By Thomas

I have nothing to say but positive things about my GT [HTML removed]. I've had it for a bit over 2 1/2 years and I still love driving it. I find reasons to drive it. "Oh honey, I forgot something at Home Depot." "Honey, do you want something from the store? I'll go get it." Not only is it quick (0-60 in 6 seconds is no slouch) but I have hauled a 50 gallon water tank, a 12.5" compound miter saw and portable stand, and a 9.9 cu/ft refrigerator and still closed the hatch. Sure it does not accelerate or handle like the 4-series Gran Coupe but it is a whole lot easier for me to get in and out of (6'1" and 260 lbs) and more comfortable. My dealership (BMW of Ontario, CA) is also FANTASTIC. Great sales and support team.

My Mach 5
By Andrew

Love this car since I first saw it on the Charlottesville Va dealership lot. Gets all the looks in the office parking lot. Getting behind the wheel is a thrill each time I hit the push button start. Exterior and interior second to none. White and tan interior. My Mach 5 without the red M.

Fabulous
By Tom R.

2016 BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo 335i xDrive 4dr Hatchback AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

This car checks all the boxes for me. It is fun to drive, smooth and quiet, and very practical. It was delivered in perfect condition, free from any defects. It is beautiful too, regardless of what the "boy racer" aficionados think. To get just what I wanted I ordered out and had it made. It took them a little less than 6 weeks to get it made in Germany and delivered to me. I think this is pretty darn good, since the last BMW I ordered was assembled in Spartanburg SC, USA and it took over 4 weeks. There was no learning curve at all for me to learn how to use the tech and other features on this car, since I was a returning BMW customer. BMW does a good job of training new customers with their product experts at the dealership also. The sales and service experience at my dealership have been outstanding. I am looking forward to some great road trips in this "dream machine".

$60K+ Fun to drive, but has some interior rattles
By John McDonough

At times I think this is the Ultimate Rattler. Less than two weeks into ownership and there are LOUD rattles emanating from the plastic entertainment console. Simply pressing on the frame halts the annoyance for a brief time or until the next bump. Other rattles are starting and can't determine their source. My 10 year old Infinitis have zero rattles. This car is difficult to get in and out from and the command center is not very intuitive. I'm 6'2" and sports seats have good support but the seat section could be wider. More than enough leg room, which is great. The car has terrific storage capacity, comparable or better than many SUV's. Never have to worry about the car bottoming out on rough road or a steep driveway, as it rides fairly high. AWD gives immediate handling confidence. Update 03/18/17: Still enjoying the car, less the "premium" rattles. Dealer did not resolve the problem...they applied a smelly oily substance between the plastic parts and no improvement. Interior rattles when temps are between 60-80 degrees. I recently noticed, in very bright light, that the #5 radio button has a horizontal hairline crack. I suspect that my radio was roughly handled before it was installed.
Update 10/17/17: Had car serviced and they replaced cracked radio buttons and reinstalled radio. Alas, the problem was finally resolved and there are no annoying rattles. Of course, this did not affect performance, but I can add that I am enjoying my car much better since the rattling stopped.
Update 04/18/18: Love my car more than ever. No problems at all with it.