Used 2019 Audi Q5 Consumer Reviews

Used Q5 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

Don't Judge A Car by Its Tires

David S, 03/04/2019
2.0 TFSI Prestige quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

Look, I'm a brand-new Audi owner, my first although not my first German car. It's terrific. We bought it primarily for my wife to use. It is beautifully appointed, handles well based on our standards, certainly seems to have all the niceties that a luxury SUV should have. This is particularly true when considering the electronics, most importantly the safety features - adaptive cruise control, parking assistance, lane departure, all-around cameras, blind-spot warnings - that are important to us. A few personal facts: we are in our early 70's, we are not off-road enthusiasts, we don't use many of the "sport" settings, probably pretty boring reviewers. We liked the "look" of the car because it wasn't a racy, road-warrior design unlike some Japanese models. Fit our traditional view of our lifestyle. What would I change? The electronics take some attention and help. I read the book but my wife wasn't about to. In that regard, Audi Elk Grove offered several times to do a special driver familiarization class for her. The storage is just average; her Toyota Venza had slightly more room. There aren't quite enough spaces in the front row to store the junk that older drivers need or want, a drawback but not much better on competing models. If storage is a paramount concern, consider the Q7 although it was too big for just the 2 of us and adds, at the same Premier level, maybe $7K to the price. Speaking of price, we used the Costco program, not sure whether our deal was "good" but it was easy, comfortable and stress-free. Maybe negotiation would be better for those psychologically equipped for it. For us, not having the hassle is better even if we pay a little more at the end. What's $500 or $1000 really when you're buying that nice a car. I can quarrel about one thing: the "add-ons". We got a $1200 added paint protection and interior protection job, already included. The dealer added the $110 USB connectors (they're nice but $110?). What I really wanted was door cup protection. And the all-weather floor mats probably aren't as good as the after-market WeatherTech mats we ordered for the Toyota Venza but, again, it's only money. For those of you less cavalier than we were, you might save some money there. All-in-all, as we get more comfortable with the car, and try it in different driving conditions, I think that we'll find the Audi to be a worthwhile investment for us. Good wishes to you as well.

Great to be back in an Audi

vmccarty1970, 07/16/2019
2.0 TFSI Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

Having previously owned mostly Japanese built cars, and a German made MINI and Audi...Recently bought the new Acura RDX, that was supposed to be a rival to the German smaller SUV's. WOW...no comparision, for only a few thousand dollars less, the Acura was noise, terrible glitchy infotainment, rattles, very poorly made (now built in Ohio), I dumped it for the 2019 Q5. A million times better made car (made in Mexico too) than that horrible Acura. The Q5 is well worth the money...and still thousands less than a similar X3 or XC60. Tires, I was lucky that the dealer installed Michelin, so less noisy.

Watch your head!

3timesanaudi, 12/13/2019
2.0 TFSI Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

This is my 3rd Audi and my 2nd Q5. Overall I love it and it is everything I expected except for one thing. The hatchback doesn't go up as high as the 2017 version I had before. I am 5'9" and bent over to put something in the cargo area and smashed my head so hard I saw stars! My sister and brother had the same experience. They have this funky design on the edge of the hatchback door and the door doesn't go up as high as the previous model. So if you are 5'7" or taller - be warned! I consider it to be a design flaw but won't stop me from enjoying my car. Just have to remember to wear my hardhat before I put my groceries in the back!

Best of the small luxury SUVs

Dave B, 07/08/2019
2.0 TFSI Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

Best all round SUV for the price. Our 3rd leased Audi Q5 and we intend to purchase this one at end of lease. Looked (& drove) all the premium SUVs, Alfa Romeo to Porsche and could not find a better all around performer than the Q5.

2019 q5 premium plus

Scott Hassel, 04/23/2019
2.0 TFSI Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

So far I e driven about 1000 miles on my new q5. Only issue I have is how loud the sun roof noise is. That little fabric pop up is annoying and loud road noise. Otherwise SUV drives really well in sport mode / dynamic . Plenty of power due to the turbo engine. Handles well with no blind spots. Lots of fancy upgraded options / electronic safety features. I have a bad back however the seats are very supportive so no issues . Well made solid vehicle. Would certainly recommend. It’s now about 2 years later. The Q5 is still running perfectly with 25,000 miles on it. Gas mileage is impressive. As most of my driving is highway I’ve been getting just around 29.5 mpg. I still highly recommend Q5 as the perfect all around SUV . Servicing is a bit on the high side $$ but having owned Audi’s before it’s not unexpected.

12345...6