2018 Audi Q5 Consumer Reviews - 63 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Audi Q5 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q5 model:

Audi Q5 engine failure
By powg

2018 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro w/Prod. End 6/18 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

My brand new Audi Q5 also had engine failure. 3 days old with 110 miles. Started making loud clacking and rattle that increased with acceleration. Had to creep home with engine sounding like ready to blow - glad didn't happen to my wife or daughter driving at speed on highway. Dealer didnt bother to open up and see what specific issue was but said if kept driving could throw a piston. So they ordered a complete new engine - but not from Mexico where mine was built. Awaiting to hear when engine received and how long will take to repair. Have heard the same dealer had another Q5 implode with same issue. Either Mexico workers are taking revenge on us and/or Audi quality control is lacking. I know anything can happen to any car but think Volkswagen/Audi would recognize they have a serious issue on hand.

Love my Q5 sport and comfort
By William

2018 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium Plus quattro Summer of Audi 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

Cup holder is small, only for small bottle only

Great Performance and a joy to drive
By Randall McComas

2018 Audi Q5 2.0T Prestige quattro Summer of Audi 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

This is my 2nd Q5. It was a 2014 and this 2018 is a far better automobile. I owned a BMW M3 prior to these and although a totally different rude and feel this Q5 makes me smile just as often. And the golf clubs fit. While I would like more room in the back for 4 sets of clubs driving is a pleasure. If I have it in comfort mode with cruse control on at 80MPH the car will get 30MPG. It is quick responsive and l have every featured offered. I would have gotten the SQ5 but wanted a little softer ride. With the double pane windows in the front the car is quieter than my wife’s Lexus. Not bad for an SUV.

Not a typical cookie-cutter SUV
By Anna

This SUV has a higher starting price than most commonly seen SUVs on the road. However, when you take into consideration all comparable features (which I did), the price will be almost the same. Audi has phenomenal 0-60 push, which I have not experienced on comparable Acura or Lexus. The cabin is very quiet but you still feel the necessary connection with the road. Per oother reviews, I was expecting a steep learning curve operating the controls, none necessary. You can spend hours reading the manual or apply logic while operating the controls and check the manual, when necessary. Once you figure out one function, the rest follows. The visibility is great, I am only 5'3" and have no issues backing up without using the camera (not possible in Lexus 350 or Acura RDX). I have not had a chance to drive it in the snow yet, so I cannot comment. So far, the MPG is not bad for stop and go driving in the city. My vehicle is equipped with sports seats, they are not as soft as the regular seats and may require initial adjustment but provide great support. I am happy with the purchase.

Beautiful but Uncomfortable
By Lorenzo

Its a beautiful but uncomfortable ride... Plain and simple its the most uncomfortable seat I have ever sat as a driver. Its hard, made out poor material, narrow with stiff plastic side and upper bolster that makes every ride truly painful. It's a total downgrade from my 2011 and 2014 q5 which I considered the best vehicles I have ever owned... I have tried working with an auto interior specialist on finding a solution, like cutting the foam thigh high bolsters or replacing the hard foam with softer one or even adding more padding to the seat but as explained by the specialist its not that easy.... Meanwhile dealership just gave me a number and said its own you, like they knew it would be or has been a problem before. Sadly I have buyers remorse and 39 month left on the lease. I’d like to have my old car back.