2018 Audi Q5 Consumer Reviews - 49 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Audi Q5 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q5 model:

Buyer beware: Major reliability issue 2018 Q5
By Rich

2018 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium Plus quattro w/Prod. End 6/18 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

Purchased car in November of 2017. Have been very happy with it until August of 2018 (13K miles) when the engine self destructed. Audi is in the process of replacing the engine. Dealership has been ho-hum about the whole thing and haven't even managed to provide me with a loaner vehicle going on a week now. Given the catastrophic failure of their product, I assumed that a higher level of customer service would be in play but that is not the case.

I dont like a car that thinks its smarter then me.
By Wally

2018 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro w/Prod. End 6/18 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

I have owned my Q5 for 7 months and 6700 miles. There has never been a time that I’ve driven this car that I haven’t gotten aggravated to no end with its stupidity. Let me paint a picture about their pre-Sense anti collision assistance. Driving down the New Jersey Turnpike I proceed to pass another car. Turn signal on, drift in the left, start to accelerate and BAM! ABS is activated intent on stoping this car. Well. needless to say I get the sign a peace from the gentleman behind and and really Obnoxious horn beeping. Rightfully so.I look like an idiot that pulled out and tried to stop. That happen twice. The dealer tells me they’re aware their pre sense is very sensitive and it’s for my protection. really there wasn’t even a car in front of me. Issue number two. The transmission. When I start out from a stop The transmission has to decide what gear it supposed to be in before we go, clunking and banging . OK off we go. the transmission is interested in doing one thing and that’s getting into the highest gear Possible before you go 15 feet no matter what your input is. You would think? being a perceived highline German car Audi would’ve engineered out this unsophisticated jolting and horrible mapping of a transmission. The paddle shifters are a toy. the car will override your imput whenever it feels like. Even in manual mode. Let’s talk about Aceleration. Better yet here’s an exercise if you’re so inclined to test drive one. On ramp simulation. Bring the car down to about 5 miles an hour, now there’s room to Merge in. Consider allTraffic is doing 60 to 70 miles an hour. so punch the Pedel to the floor. I guarantee there will be a three second delay before that car moves. pretty scary with your nose out in traffic. There are other issues but I think you get my point .I would seriously think long and hard and test drive the hell out of this car if you decide to consider. From experience your dealership will be no help. Audi corporate could care Less and will send you back to the dealer telling you that all is normal.All that being said I will say that once the car gets moving it’s comfortable, it’s not quiet and you need to pay attention to keep it straight. Mine likes to continually try to drift Left.Again Audi tells me all is good, And typical of all wheel drive cars that are front wheel drive biased... Wrong! Thanks for reading. In closing. save yourself some money this is not a Highline car and there are much better cars out there for what you will spend for this.

A potential winner
By Mathew

Nice vehicle but selling approach can improve and ask is the brand looking to build a relationship or execute a transaction.

Fire hazard
By R mann

Notified of a recall for my q5 due to fire hazard. Parts for repair not available until late 2018. My dealer jack daniels told me to call Audi USA... Audi USA told me to contact my dealer. They refuse to provide a loaner and told me to stop driving the car if a light goes on the dashboard. They couldn’t tell me what the light looks like. Also told me not to garage the car. Terrible company to deal with.

Noisy car with problems, customer service sucks
By John Habor

The car makes a watch-like rapid ticking noise from day one, took the car to the dealership multiple times and were told its the normal operation of the car. Car keeps pulling to the right, where the alignment can't fix, again dealership told me it's normal. Central locking intermittently beeps when lock the car. Worked with Audi customer service to resolve the issues. In the end, they basically told me to stay away, and every issue I had with the car is normal. My mistake to buy a car that manufacture doesn't stand behind their product. STAY FAR AWAY FROM AUDI.