Used 2015 Audi Q5 Consumer Reviews - 34 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Audi Q5 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q5 model:

Comfy Torque Monster
By Mike G

2015 Audi Q5 TDI Prestige quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

Traded in a 2017 Honda CR-V that never fit right and was too boring. This Q5 TDI Sounds and feels like there's a small block V8 under hte hood, 2x the size of the 3.0L Turbo Diesel that's in there. After a little turbo lag, the car charges off like a bat out of he**. Only complaints is a little vibration and more noise than base engine at idle, but not annoying, just a reminder there's raw torque on tap under the hood. The steering is a little short on feel, but most cars are now. It's still firm, good on center feel and tracks very well and stable. Better than most cars build after 2016. Lacks heated steering and no factory remotes start like our CRV had. Ride is good with the optional 20" wheels. Has the sport seats with the adjustable thigh support. Best seats I've ever owned! Passenger gets full 12 way power adjustment too. Cargo capacity is OK. Winter traction in our 2011 Q5 was awesome. this one weighing 400lbs more should be even better. Averaged 34mpg going 70-80mph. Can see 40-50mpg cruising at 45-55mph on back roads. 600+mi range on the 19.8 gallon tank is nice to have. Diesel is running about 5% cheaper than premium too. In winter I believe there's a supplemental heater for the cabin so it should warm up quick. Styling is pretty conservative and timeless which is great for a used car we plan to keep another 8-10 years. Maintenance won't be cheap. But worth it for the fun factor and comfort.

Awesome tow vehicle with great MPG (TDI)
By Jim B

2015 Audi Q5 TDI Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

I reluctantly traded in my 2015 Golf sport wagon TDI (to take the cash settlement.) A great car with zero problems on my end. But I wanted more ground clearance, AWD, and torque/power that I needed for towing a 2000 lb Aliner (hard sided pop up) and after many reviews and talking to a few owners of the Audi TDI I was able to find one online (with low miles.) This suv far exceeds any expectations I had. When towing the camper I routinely get 26 to 28 MPG (at 65 mph.) Both in the mountains of Ga, Tenn, and N.C and on the highway I honestly don’t even know the car is being towed (except when you hit a poorly maintained road.) When not towing I routinely get 38 mpg on the Hwy @ 72-75 mph. On a secondary road (we have many in Florida) @ 65 mph it is common to hit 40-41mpg. With an almost 20 gal tank it has a very long range. I have several good friends that I would respectfully call “motor heads” who know a lot about cars and trucks. I have heard them ask more than once (while a passenger in the TDI)...are you sure this is a diesel...it is way too quiet. The AWD traction on steep gravel roads (especially when towing) is excellent. This was a weakness with the front wheel drive Golf. Merging on highways while towing is effortless with all this torque, and climbing a mountain pass is actually fun with all the power the engine has in reserve. The only negative about this car is that sadly Vw/Audi are no longer allowed to bring them into the States. But, if you take your time you can still find some low mileage 2015 and 16’s out there.

Great midsized SUV
By Ross

2015 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

The Audi Q5 is a great combination of power, handling and fuel economy. It’s very quiet and comfortable. Some quirky controls and electronics. Some knobs are backwards of logic, like up to close and down to open... sometimes radio just doesn’t come one. Just stop and restart car and it’s fine. Weird.

YOU AUDI GET AN AUDI
By jim parsons

2015 Audi Q5 3.0T Prestige quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I owned 5 Mercedes prior to purchasing my new Audi Q5, so was accustomed to German handling, ride and convenience. I was concerned about "trading down" to a 6-cylinder engine, having owned a MB ML55 AMG, far and away the best vehicle I'd ever owned. The Q5 is definitely a match, stride-for-stride, much to my surprise. My two first impressions in the vehicle were "fit and finish" in the interior and the sound system by Bang and Olafsen---they were my "deciders." Now, after 4 years of Audi ownership, I'd again cite the fit and finish, the sound system, but would add the quiet ride, the confidence I have in the vehicle, and the support I have received from the dealership's service department. Owning the Q5 has been a very positive experience. On the negative side of the ledger has been, of course, the tremendous depreciation, which I suppose is common to all highline vehicles. I experienced that with the Mercedes, and am so doing with the Q5, despite the excellent care it has received from both the dealership and me. Whether I get another Audi or something else depends on the deal when I go looking----lots of badges are good, but this has been a good experience. I have recommended Audi to a number of friends and have sold more than a couple to others.

Hits the Sweet Spot
By Tim from WI

2015 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I'm a picky person. I've driven many different types of cars, trucks and SUVs in my lifetime (I'm in my fifties) and have never really owned a vehicle that I would say hit the ideal sweet spot or did just about everything. But the Q5 does just that for me. Interior: beautifully laid out with comfortable seats for the long ride and leather surfaces where the leather looks new all the time with no cracks because Audi does not stretch the leather. Electronics take awhile to learn but are fairly intuitive. Exterior: very German, very nice lines, turns heads. Ride: smooth and comfortable. Ignore all those reviews that talk about the suspension being overly stiff. I wouldn't even use the word "stiff" to describe it. Yes, it is firmer than a Lexus or a Buick but those cars are just too soft and feel like minivans to me. The Audi feels sportier and absorbs the bumps nicely but you are still connected to the road. Handling: steering is precise or sloppy and cornering is very good unlike other SUVs with some body roll when entering an interchange which is not unusual for the height of this car or class. I have not driven in the snow yet so cannot comment but rain was very good. Power: very responsive and great acceleration off the block and at passing speeds. More power than you would ever need. Can tow up to 4,400 pounds which is very good. Safety: Excellent ratings by the government and top safety pick by IIHS. The blind spot indicators on large mirrors are very helpful. Disappointments: the lumbar seating adjustment could be a bit firmer for me, but not too bad. Could have more storage for spare change (I use the ash try which is very small). The phone charging takes place in the glove compartment so your phone is not handy although it is connected through bluetooth. I know, safer that way but I like to be able to grab my phone when I need to.