2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Consumer Reviews - 34 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Giulia model:

Sexy, Spoty, and Moments of WTF
By Greg Dwyer

2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I moved into the Alfa Romeo from a Ford Taurus SHO, looking for a car comfortable both on the commute, and on the track with minimal adjustments. The Alfa turns my commute into a day at the track with the precision handling, incredible tire-chirping acceleration, which is especially aggressive when passing. The cost was comparable to the SHO--I ended up at around $35k once all the incentives were included (No trade in.) The fit and finish of this car is amazing. Tight, quiet, luxurious to the touch. Get the glass roof. Without, it seems somewhat looser, more warehouse-y. The trunk room is pure Alfa Romeo "What do you need luggage for?" And things like cup holders are designed for afternoon tea, not a days' worth of coffee in a Yeti. Bigger containers make adjusting some of the controls a little cumbersome. No more so that Alfa has done to themselves. Very frustrating controls for things like the fan motor. It has a rotary control, but it's brain is attached to the dash display, so rotating the fan one turn only "wakes the display" but doesn't do anything for the fan speed. Not the biggest deal, but you wonder why the two different systems to control one item. And when you're in reverse, nothing else can be controlled...radio, temp, etc because the reverse view camera is occupying the display. Like I said, cumbersome. But that's my only complaint. My dealer is awesome--they understand a certain level of service is expected here with Alfa--unlike my ford guys. The is a slight steering wheel rubbing that they are having a time trying to figure out--so until then it's just more volume on the radio (unless I'm backing up!)

Unbelievable Car
By QVORBUST

2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I have seen the previous two reviews and find them a little hard to believe especially the brake issue. Believe me if Alfa or anyone else thought the car had a brake failure and run the risk of a fatality gimme a “brake”. My guess is there are a lot of folks that either this is their first car or really need to buy a Toyota. I have had my QV for 17 months and not one problem other than a flat tire. It is the most fun car and I don’t see myself coming and going on the road as every other car. For a new model year I was very sensitive and concerned. NOT ANYMORE. The car is great. Alfa Customer Care follows up on every appointment and if the problem is not resolved they escalate for you. I am having a very hard time believing that there is not an issue like the previous poster described. I read it twice and knowing the car and the rules these stories are a bit far fetched at least the one where they are so afraid to drive the car because the brakes failed and the dealership said there was not a problem with the brakes. I guess they need to apply pressure to the brake peddle. For the car going into neutral on its own I would say the shifter is tricky for the newbie. Might want to make sure you don’t reach over and move it when driving. Neutral at 70 plus a mile speed is not dangerous anyway. Getting a flat at 70 is.

Dangerously moves to neutral gear while in drive.
By Joshis

2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Purchased a 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia in May 2017. After the initial and random dashboard warnings which would either resolve themselves or a dealer visit for updates, the vehicle started moving to Neutral while in Drive around December 2017. After that it has happened numerous times once on highway at 70+MPH and multiple times while making left or right turns.
I have to instantly move the car to drive mode to avoid a collision with an incoming car at the intersection. What has followed in the past few months is software updates, shifter change and brand new transmission but the critical issue remains.
No complaints with dealership as they are merely third party to this end. The service staff is courteous and has maintained good communication with us all the way.
But Alfa Romeo Corporate response is unbecoming of a premium brand. They moved our case to a Third Party Dispute Resolution Center, who offered us pennies as compensation for putting our lives at risk.
A better and smarter company would have seen the seriousness of the situation and quickly replaced it with a new tested vehicle with matching or upgraded features. But our patience and positive approach has been met with indifference and lack of sense if urgency.
We deeply regret buying this product from Alfa Romeo. As it stands today my garage is empty and I am paying on a loan for a fruit.

Beware!
By RB

2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Gorgeous car and when it works, it’s amazing....however, it’s already been in for service twice and I have only had the car 1 week!!! Completely regretting my decision and should have kept my Jaguar....#lemonlaw

M3 owner for a long long time!!
By m3g60

2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

ok guys I've owned 7 M3s in the last 20+ years, YES 7 M3s 95, 98, 01, 02, 05, 04, 08 and drove few 2015s. BMW just made a big mistake with the new 2015 M3/M4!!. cars sounds really really really bad!! the interior cheap, steering sucks, steering wheel also sucks, turbo lag, and bad handling, the only thing BMW did good on the new models is the reliability YES more reliable but SUBARU like cars. This Alfa is like driving V8 E92 M3 with all the stuff you wish if the V8 M3 had mostly POWER. If my E92 M3 had double the power it had I would've kept it for longer than 4.5 years but E92 had NO POWER and sounds sooooooo good!!. once you drive the Alfa you will forget about and German cars TRUST ME. if you don't take my word for it you will waste your money on anything you buy. enough said