2019 Acura RDX Consumer Reviews - 52 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2019 Acura RDX Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:

accurate design
By george

2019 Acura RDX Advance Package 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 10A)

Advance package gives you everything you could want. Last car was lexus 350 and I dont miss it. Great in sport mode in mountains. Touch pad requires study before use .

Proud to be an Acura Owner
By Eva

2019 Acura RDX Advance Package 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 10A)

I've had my 2019 Acura RDX Advance for a few months and now that I've put approximately 3,000 miles on it I figured it was time to write up a review.
First of all I've wanted an Acura for quite a long time, but because of negative equity and cost of ownership I had to wait a few years before I could make the switch. Now that I have I am pretty happy but nothing is perfect so I wanted to give my honest review of all the Pros / Cons I've seen with my vehicle. Just for clarification my prior vehicle was a 2015 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring. Also they did not have any AWD vehicles available on the lot when I purchased my RDX. I've never had an AWD vehicle so I figure I may not be missing much but I could be wrong.
Pros:
Transmission – the vehicle is very swift in accelerating especially when stopped at a light. I’m used to owning a 4-cylinder vehicle but having the 10 speeds does pep it up quite a bit!
Interior – I love the seats. I know someone had mentioned that they didn’t feel like this vehicle is comfortable but I would have to disagree. I have bad lower back issues and I love the varied controls for lumbar support. I feel like the driver’s seat is literally wrapped around me and I feel not only comfort on my longer drives, but secure as well.
I also like that you can program the seats. Being 5’2” I hate when someone moves my seat because I feel like I can never get it perfect again. Now I just have to hit the button on the door and my seat immediately goes back to its usual position. I know this sounds like something simple, but this a huge feature for me. None of my prior vehicles ever had this feature.
Exterior – I like the look of the grill. The diamond shapes make it stand out and I feel a bit excited every time I return to my vehicle and see it in the parking lot. It makes me really proud to be an Acura owner.
I also like the automatic trunk being that when my hands are full I can just do the kicking motion to open it, however, I’m sure I look at bit weird.
Cons:
Infotainment – I saw where another consumer had an issue of the Infotainment not turning off when exiting the vehicle. This happened to me on one occasion. I was having an anxiety attack as I was afraid I would have a dead battery. When I called the dealership they were dumbfounded and told me to bring it in, but since I just got to work that wasn’t feasible. The only way I got it to go off was to turn the vehicle back on, put it in “accessory” mode, and then turn it off. I hope this doesn’t cause me issues in the feature as this would be a huge reliability downfall of the vehicle.
At times the controls on the steering wheel will not work to switch the station / song. I will get an error that pops up. The only way to fix this is to power off the Infotainment on the steering wheel and power it back on.
Interior – The noise can be a bit loud when going over a bumpy road, I do not believe my Mazda was that bad. It’s hard to describe but I feel like the cabin could be a bit quieter. I also noticed if you have items in the glove box they shift very freely due to the way it was built. I ended up moving a few items into the center console just so I don’t have to hear them going back and forth.
Exterior – The windshield wipers are loud. I don’t know if they soaked them in Rain-X or what but even when there is a torrential downpour they still make noise.
I do not like the Auto High Beam feature for the headlights. When you are going around the curb or when another car is approaching there is a delay for them to turn off. I read in the manual there’s no way to turn them off completely, however, I found a workaround. When I had my headlights set to “Auto” and the High Beams came on I flicked them off using the lever. Ever since then they haven’t come on again so I guess I’m happy I fixed the issue.
The braking is not touchy at all. Unlike my Mazda, you really need to step on it to stop. I’m assuming this is due to the Auto Idle?
The rear of the vehicle doesn’t look as good as the front of the vehicle (that’s what she said) in my humble opinion.
Wheels – I don’t like the stock wheels on this vehicle at all. I don’t know I was hoping for something a bit more sporty. Maybe down the line I can look into getting different wheels that are bit darker (they are too shiny) on TireRack.com
Fuel – this is the first vehicle I have owned where you have to fill it with Premium. It’s just the nature of the beast but something to think about if you don’t want to spend more than $40 in gas.
All in all I really like my vehicle, but there are just some quarks that I’m seeing that just don’t make it perfect. I may ask the dealership when I go in for my first oil change about the issues I have seen in my Con list.
Thank you for taking the time to read my review and I hope others have found it a bit helpful.

Trouble From Day One.
By Lynn

2019 Acura RDX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 10A)

I drove off the lot mid June only to notice 4 flaws before I got three blocks: front windshield crazed between layers, visible only when sun directly on it, Steering wheel unraveling, flaws in clearcoat on hood and faulty rear hatch. After 4 weeks and a loaner for 13 days car seemed fixed and great—-until suddenly I had nothing on computer screen. It’s now working again but frequent messages of LOADING which takes several minutes or FUNCTION NOT NOT AVAILABLE with steering wheel controls. Often I drive miles with no access to screen as it spins. Local dealer and corporate say an update is coming but nobody knows when. I’ve waited 3 months now. So now nearly 5 months in I have no horn. Keeps blowing fuses and nobody knows why. Car been in shop several days. I’m afraid to drive too far from home for fear screen will go out again or I’ll have no horn. Other problems include cracked battery cable, a mysterious mug rolling around under seat which was not mine. Seat had to be removed to get it. Leather on most seats is picked and I’m told it’s normal. But no car in showroom is puckered like that. I’ve been Honda and Acura owner 20 years. Still have a perfect 2012 TSX. But I’m done. Poor quality and poor attitude from corporate in trying to get problems resolved.

Great SUV Ruined by Infotainment System
By Sean

2019 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 10A)

We've only had this car about three weeks, and so far this is the first new car purchase I've ever considered trying to find my way out of. First the good.... The way the car drives is fantastic. Great engine, although I'm not getting the advertised MPG. Not a big deal. It's close. The transmission is smooth so far, handling is great for the type of vehicle this is. It's quiet, it's comfortable, very good headlights etc. Again, the car side of the equation is wonderful. Now, the other side of this. The infotainment system in this car is garbage. It crashes from time to time, the Nav system is antequated. Cannot name addresses, searches come up empty. It runs at 1/4 mile resolution unless on a highway. Then it comes out a hair more. Still no good if you want to see the big picture. The radio will just say "loading" on startup sometimes. Requiring the power to by cycled. Sound is very inconsistent from source to source. Strange digital pops when talking over BT. Everyday it's something new. All of this is while using Apple Car Play or an Android phone paired of BT. With some research, I've found many reporting the same issues. To top it off, dealers are helpless as there's no way for them to fixed this. This isn't new technology. Just new in this car, and regardless of price point it's shameful that it operates so poorly.

Love my 2019 RDX Beast!
By Tammy newsome

2019 Acura RDX Advance Package 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 10A)

It doesn't have the android option on this model yet. Gas mileage is ok. I wish the gas tank was a little bigger. The car is very comfortable. The steering is great and thy he car maneuvers easily in traffic. Great breaking and acceleration. Lots of fun technology!