2015 Acura RDX SUV Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Acura RDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:

Loving this care
By Renee

2015 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car with the technology pkg, it was previously leased. Initially, I was interested only in the MDX because I thought this car would be too small; but after test driving the Audi Q5 and then this car; I realized this was the car for me. The stereo system is great, it is so updated I didn't realize how behind I was with technology. There only 2 things I would change - I would have liked to have a blind spot monitor on this vehicle and I would have gotten something other than black if available...now I will have to keep my car clean.

Great car
By Frank Posivak

2015 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

A conundrum.
By George L

2015 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

First, this is an excellent car.
Having said that, after driving the car for six months, there are a number of short comings.
The first is that the rear seat does not fold flat when turned down. This makes it more difficult to store stuff
Second, I would have preferred a heated steering wheel (OK, I want to be pampered)
Third the gas mileage is a bit disappointing, particularly considering that premium fuel is required
Next, the transmission down shifting as one slows down at a stop light is ragged and noticeable.
The GPS system is a bit cumbersome, and cannot be used while driving.
Voice recognition system is at best crummy
I would have preferred more storage cubby holes.
Ergonomics are average. Every time I get in the car, I have to be careful not to hit my head on the top of the door frame
Acceleration is excellent (obviously this is an offset for the mileage)
Seats are very comfortable.
Stereo is good
I enjoy the ride
Every car is a compromise, and there are no perfect grades
Despite my negative comments, the car, overall, is pretty good.
I have particularly good things to say about the reliability and dealer
The all wheel drive and convenient size is a very big draw for me; it seamlessly handles wet, icy and snowy conditions, and is easy to park in the city
This is a very nice car, but is also a work in progress
After a year, I can say I really enjoy the ride
The only gripe I really have are the Takata air bags. This is under recall (as are several million other cars,) but nobody has any replacements. I have been waiting for over three months, but the manufacturer has not been able to supply them

Significantly Less Value Than Expected
By Nick

2015 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

First off; the technology package is a waste of money and a sad trick Acura has played on buyers. The NAV system is near worthless when programming at a standstill, it is completely worthless once you are moving down the road and the "Technology Package" takes you into voice mode. The voice mode makes you spell out destinations one letter at a time and then, for each letter, goes through a long (10 second) dialog on how to choose the next letter (?). This is really a poor joke on the consumer. The voice recognition system operates with about a 50% accuracy and by the time you get the address entered, you have spent your entire trip arguing with the "Technology Package". Simple fix; purchase a $100 Garmin and put it in front of the useless NAV screen. The road noise, harshness, and vibration is horrible; the Honda CR-V has a much improved ride over the more expensive Acura. Handling; the body roll is annoying and feels downright unstable on twisty roads. Fuel economy, throttle response, and acceleration are dismal on the "Multi-Point/Low Pressure Fuel Injection" compared to "Direct Injection" engines found on other similar and lower priced vehicles of the same vintage and category. The controls and displays are awkward at best and are not at all intuitive. Compared to earlier model Acura vehicles, these "technology" systems have taken a huge step backward. Oh, unlike the cheap Honda CR-V base model, this Acura does not include a rear cargo area floor mat. Imagine that!

What can I say about the car that I like... it looks good, the leather feels nice, everything works (albeit it's a new car).

I've been a Honda customer over the past 10 years, Honda makes a solid no-frills, trouble free, turn key vehicle. This was my first Acura and this will be my last Acura unless Acura gets serious about building a car to help a driver get from one place to another efficiently, easily, and with minimal frustration. Thank God I only took out a 3 year lease on this buggy; I'll be happy to hand the keys back and tell the dealer they can find another Acura customer.

Make sure to test drive this vehicle thoroughly (like for several hours and over bumpy twisty roads) before signing on the dotted line.

Update as of May 18th, 2016: This vehicle has been recalled for a faulty SRS (air bag). We received a notification, the dealer told is not to drive the vehicle until parts arrive, which are expected late summer 2016. We have been provided rental vehicles by the dealer, not Acura vehicles mind you, but typical rental vehicles. Dealer told me that I should feel blessed that they are doing anything at all. My point: $425 a month for a bottom of the line Hyundai Santa Fe? At this point, my mind is made up; no more Honda/Acura vehicles. Once off lease, I'll be looking elsewhere. You should consider this when making your choice on your next vehicle.

Nice ride
By ML

2015 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Reliability of a Honda, better interior, really a great ride. The reliability of the Audi and Volvo scared me away. The twin turbo/supercharged engines will obviously have thier issues in time, so this feels like the right choice.

However, the BMW, cruises on the open road a bit nicer. This starts pushing the rpm's at about 80, while the bmw will cruise up to 100 without breaking a sweat. There are minor advantages to each. Overall, I went with the reliability of the Honda brand. At 23K miles, it has been a great decision.

Updating; at 30k miles, it is a great ride. Perfect car for where we live and our needs. Better car than the MDX which has better reviews, the Lexus has no visibility and lame Toyota performance, and the Audi and Porsche will be in the shop another month before you can use them again. Hyundai and Subaru are dangerously underpowered. This is the easy winner. Best car on the road imo.