Used 2014 Acura ILX Sedan Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Acura ILX Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ILX model:

Reliable and luxurious
By Tommy

2014 Acura ILX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

My family has had a few acuras. We have always loved them. From an Mdx with 200k+ miles to brand new RL's. Great ride, sleek look, great gas, inexpensive to maintain compared to other cars in this class.

Love it
By wdc6446

2014 Acura ILX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

The more I drive this car, the more I love it. Like many others, I was a little worried I would miss having a turbo but loved the combination of economy, luxury,reliability and good looks that this car offered, at a price I could feel good about. Feels sporty, smooth, and responsive. I can honestly say I haven't missed the horsepower. I can't believe it doesn't get better reviews. I have the Tech package, and love the bluetooth, the navigation, and the sound. I rarely get less than 30 mpg and that with considerable city driving. When you give it gas, it has a healthy rev, and cruises very comfortably at 70-80mph. Passing is never a problem.

I love the interior looks and comfort. Everything is very functional and intuitive. Gas mileage is great, and the ride is comfortable. So far, super reliable, no mechanical issues whatsoever. Also love the speaker system.

Trunk could be a little larger. Some slight vibration noise in the frame when traveling at higher speeds. Some bluetooth/smartphone compatibility issues as well; not all features are fully functional depending on the model phone you have, but I think this is a problem with all cars.

What you expect from the driver's seat isn't what this $31k Civic delivers.
By zoomjag

2014 Acura ILX Sedan Premium Package 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Disappointing with time. This vehicle doesn't feel like a comprehensive 'package' - It's an economy car, that's it. Acura has taken a Civic (which is perfectly good as is) added a great dash, and some engine and suspension tuning and called it a day, and these mechanical touches don't really seem to add anything to the Civic package nor compete with the Civic Si(as if engineers just threw "good parts" at the car without testing). In many ways, the result here is an underpowered, loud, econobox with disturbing views from the drivers seat (funhouse drivers mirror, subpar plastic on the lower doors, blindspots for days) with a stereo that doesn't deliver premium sound leave you expecting more

The dashboard and steering controls are refined, and intuitive (in time). Automatic transmission is taut and well executed with paddle shifters.

The 2016 ILX will be interesting as the number of improvements make it a completely different vehicle than the first generation ILX.

Fun little car
By pwdrday

2014 Acura ILX Sedan Premium Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

When I started looking at this car, I found it to be mediocre on paper. Acceleration, handling, mpg, etc all seemed acceptable, but it didn't stand out. However, I ended up taking a test drive because manual transmission cars have become hard to find, and they were giving big discounts. After a test drive though, I realized that this car was something special, and the more I drive it the more I like it. I'm happy to say that this car has a much higher fun factor than I originally expected. The clutch and transmission are just a pure joy to use. It's definitely the nicest manual transmission I've ever had, including multiple VWs, a Saab, and multiple Subarus. The engine also loves to rev and has a wonderful sound for a 4 cyl. It's no track monster, but for real road driving, I can't think of a car that was more fun (even more than my WRX) to drive around without doing illegal speeds. Lastly, I find that the EPA gas mileage is easily exceeded without trying. If I had to knock it on anything, it's the road noise. For a 'premium' badge, I would have expected to be more quiet. However, if you are OK with the normal noise levels found in Hondas, this is a great choice for a little sporty car!

Great Alternative to Boring Commuter Cars!
By david_d82

2014 Acura ILX Sedan Premium Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my 2014 ILX 2.4 a little over a month ago, and it's been a great purchase.
I did a LOT of research before purchasing this car, and I am very happy that I was not scared off by some of the reviews from the automotive journalism industry.

First, this car is not a rebadged Civic Si. different dimensions, different suspension setup and hardware. Also no garish wing or ugly red interior inserts like the Si. Yay!
Great manual transmission, too. clutch pickup is spot-on, and shifts are super smooth. nice enough features for the price, but infotainment screen is kinda chintzy, and rear seat passengers really need HVAC vents! Reminds me a lot of my 2006 TSX with a manual only better

Definitely the engine and Transmission. this car loves to rev and loves to be tossed around. The stereo is good enough, but I don't think it lives up to its "premium" name that is spelled out on the dashboard. USB interface is just ok - having iPhone audio issues, which is frustrating. Perimeter entry and push button start are fun, too. Electric power steering needs some work, but is decently assisted at lower speeds. I also love all of the busy buttons on the center stack. no menus to go in -- everything is right there! Car also does a good job of fitting 4 adults comfortably. Better than the 2006 TSX, actually. I think it has to do with the flat floor.

Summer tires, definitely. I've already had a couple of scary oversteer situations that I think is coming from the weird electric assist power steering coupled with the horrific Michelin Pilot MXM all season treds. Xenon bulbs are great, but could swivel or be positioned higher. Back seat HVAC vents! Bigger infotainment screen would be nice, as would additional power outlets. No good options if you want to run a radar detector. There is only one outlet in the center console.