2005 Volvo V50 Consumer Review: Love Car - Hate Repairs

2005 Volvo V50 - Consumer Review

Love Car - Hate Repairs
By Mquinn97 on

2005 Volvo V50 2.4i Fwd 4dr Sport Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

Bought this car used, and love it, but the romance is wearing off given the number of problems I've had. Six weeks after my initial purchase I had to have the tailgate completely rebuilt to get to a bad part (not charged, thankfully). since then I've had some issues with the electrical in the radio and fan system. Now I've been told that there is a grease leak in the front axle boot. Worst problem so far? Had to have it towed to Volvo last week when I was stranded by the electrical steering wheel locking mechanism. That was a $700 repair!! At this point I'm seriously thinking of trying to sell it and lease something else.

Love the styling - it's a hot car! It's very fun to drive and I really like the set up of the radio controls. Love the automatically dimming rearview mirror. Trunk space is big enough for two greyhounds!!

Electronics, electronics, electronics!! When will Volvo figure out how to produce vehicles with better electronics? Also disappointed that there is no way to get an aftermarket MP3 player hookup.