2000 Volvo S80 Consumer Review: The Worst Car Ever!

2000 Volvo S80 - Consumer Review

T6 Sedan (2.8L 6-cyl. Twin-turbo 4-speed Automatic)

The Worst Car Ever!
By Bowman on

2000 Volvo S80 T6 Turbo 4dr Sedan

We bought the 2000 model after threatening our dealer with a lemon law suit for the 1999 model we purchased 60 days prior. Dealer took the car back at full refund and offered us the 2000 model for a "deal". I wish they would have just kicked us in the head. Two ABS modules, engine struts, 3 radios, 3+ software upgrades, bi-annual computer resets (the kind that required a shuttle to and from work), two extended warranties (paid for themselves in six months), suspension problems. I would estimate the maintenance cost for this car have exceeded $20k. If it was a plane or a boat we would be dead. I thought Volvo Corp. could be trusted to release a product complete.

Turning the darn thing off. I have to say I don't even enjoy the car anymore. Day after day I am only reminded what kind of crappy product I have purchased and been stuck with. I don't even feel right selling the thing, it should be destroyed. If it was a dog it would have been put down.

BUY BACK! Volvo should take responsibility for the crappy $42,000 piece of junk and buy them all back for cash. Cash, because I will never buy another Volvo or suggest to anyone that they should be purchased. Buy them back and learn from the mistakes. Take responsibility for the poor engineering.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review