1990 Volvo 740 Consumer Review: Car for the Enthusiast!

1990 Volvo 740 Wagon - Consumer Review

Car for the Enthusiast!
By gearjam1 on

1990 Volvo 740 Turbo 4dr Wagon

I bought my 745T as a relatively quick,& extremely safe vehicle for my family. Quality of the interior is standard1990's Volvo-with cheap plastic that breaks easily, no cup holders, but the best seats in the industry! Records on my car, had shown that it had to be towed to the dealer twice with 25,000 and 27,000 miles on her... Unforgivablefor a car whose sticker price was $29,356! Records show the previous ownerspent over $5,000 in repairs before I got her. I do my own work, & LOVE Volvos-but you need to either know how to fix the quirks, or have a pocket of cash to have the dealer fix what goeswrong. (Not as bad as the 450 pagemanual on how to fix the problems on theJaguar XJ-S...)

Style you either Love or Hate. I Loveit! Since owner fixed previous problems, I have had almost none. My now ex-wife, crashed the car at a high rateof speed...the passenger front wheel ended up inside the passenger compartment. Everyone walked away. (Trythat in a CRX) I am now rebuilding the car.

DEFINITELY use Mobil 1-FullSynth. oil in the B-230FT motor. Most owners agree it is WELL worth the extra cost!! She now has 175,000 miles.